e p . t w e n t y

Vivre L'Instant - Episode Twenty

__________

Kunpimook has been dreading the upcoming Monday, and why the fuck is Cha Eunwoo up on that stage?

He looks around at Yugyeom, Yujin and Mina (Jackson ran off when the entire school got called to the gymnasium for this memorial shit, and they're all staring at Cha Eunwoo as well, wide-eyed and jaw open. Yujin turns her head and finally meets his gaze, mouthing at him, "What is he doing?"

He has no fucking idea, why is she asking him? Jackson's the one who talks to him the most, since Cha Eunwoo is a drug dealer, and Jackson buys most of the drugs they use.

God, where's Jackson when you need him?

Cha Eunwoo finally reaches the stage after what feels like an eternity and the principal steps back, handing him the microphone. He pauses, shifting back and forth on the balls of his feet, before lifting the microphone to his lips and speaking slowly, as if he is still thinking about what to say.

Kunpimook cannot tear his eyes away from him, what does Cha Eunwoo know about Nam Seulgi? If they themselves as her friends didn't know much about her except Yugyeom, then how much more can he possibly know?

"I'll be honest about this, I don't know Nam Seulgi very well, I am not her friend, but I think I can say I am more than just an acquaintance. She didn't deserve to die so early, and definitely not in this way. She was just a freshman with her whole life ahead of her, and I know I probably don't have the right to say since I actually don't know much about her, but she was a good person and I hope she'll be the same person in the afterlife as she was here."

He cannot stop staring at Cha Eunwoo, he is teetering forward and backward on his feet before returning the microphone to the principal with a bow and goes down the stage. He watches as Cha Eunwoo goes directly from the stage to the door of the gymnasium, pushing it open and leaving under the gaze of everybody in the room; whispers erupt in the room like bees.

Mina looks back at the door, and Yugyeom copies her action. "Where is he going?"

"Toilet, probably." Yujin speaks. "I saw his face paling while he was walking. He looked like he was about to throw up."

Kunpimook looks back at the door and on an impulse, pushes him up to stand, jogging towards the door just as the principal tells them to settle down again. The door slams shut behind him, resulting in another wave of loud whispers.

~*~

Jackson's locked himself in a toilet stall, having slipped away while they were heading to the gymnasium for the memorial thing the principal is making them do in Seulgi's memory, but he doesn't want to.

He doesn't want remember that she's gone, he just wants to peacefully think that she is simply out sick like she usually is when she's not at school. He doesn't want to think that her soul is already flying in the sky, doing the exact same thing she always wanted to when she was still with them.

Also, it's partly his fault why she died. If he hadn't thrown that bag of drugs on the table and told them to have fun with it, then maybe she would not have jumped off a building. It's his entire fucking fault.

He hears the door to the bathroom open, footsteps on the tiled floors, the metal tap of the sink opening with a screech, the water flowing, and a splash, as if somebody is washing his face with the water, which is what that somebody is probably doing at that very moment while Jackson is sitting on the covered toilet seat with his chin in his hands inside a locked stall.