n i n e

"You know I'm here for you" Ashton spoke softly as we both sat leg crossed on my bed.

I remain silent, nibbling on the cheesy goodness that felt like heaven in my mouth, it was as if Jesus himself created this, or should I say cheesus.

My eyes casted up to Ashton who took a large bite of his slice of pizza, his jaw tensed with every chew.

"So Scarlet, tell me about yourself" he spoke with his mouth full, I scrunched my nose in disgust as I stared at the poor mannered man who simply laughed.

"How old are you Scarlet?"

"19, you?"

"22" He smiled, "why do you live alone? If you don't mind me asking."

I hate this question.

I simply shrugged and grabbed another slice of pizza.

We died into silence.

This was weird. Interacting with someone after years old being alone in one room, and it wasn't the type of alone a teenage longs for - the opposite actually.

"What's it like being alone?" Ashton's voice broke the silence, it was as if he read my mind.

I cleared my throat before planning my answer in my head.

"Usually, I'm not alone. As cliché as it sounds, I have my thoughts and feelings to keep my company. I plan my dream future, imagine what it's like to be carefree. I creating those friends in my head, which soon ables you to let them come alive. Imaginary friends, if you want to put it that way" I explained looking at my fingers.

"Well you've got a real friend now" he mumbled with a smile etching upon his face.

I couldn't help but smile, and it felt real good. A friend.

"What's it like being carefree?" I asked.

"Well Scarlet, being carefree is one of the best things. There are no limits, you can do whatever you heart pleases. You let nothing bring you down and you just live in the moment I guess."

"That sounds great" I mumbled as my smile faltered. I miss being able to laugh, play and be free. Now I'm stuck with my past.

"I can show you carefree" he mumbled standing up from his sitting position.

"What?" I looked up at his tall figure.

"I'll collect you tomorrow after my shift around 3 and we're going on an adventure" before I had a chance to refuse the offer, Ashton was out of the door, clicking it shut behind him leaving me in a comfortable silence.