Twice The Love, Twice The Hate. I Just Had To Fall For Twins. {29}

***Shane’s POV***

                I got out of my car and went to the front door, knocking. Luna’s mom answered and smiled at me warmly. “Hello Shane. Come on in!” she said and stepped aside. I offered her a shy smile and entered the house.

                She led me to the living room and told me to take a seat on the couch. I sat down and Luna’s dad eyed me curiously.

                “Tell me a little about your family, Shane. What are your parents like?” he asked, sitting down across from me and watching me carefully. Well, my dad’s an alcoholic and my mom’s severely overworked. Ha. That would make a wonderful first impression.

                “Uh, my d-d-dad works downtown, and my mom is just an all-around hardworking w-woman,” I said and blushed. I respected my mom so damn much. She worked so hard to keep our family together and supported. She had never given up on dad, even when he beat her and drank himself sick.

                Luna’s dad leaned back and nodded. “You have a brother, right?” I nodded. “My twin b-brother, Shawn,” I said and he nodded yet again. “How old are your parents?” he asked.

                “31,” I said nervously. He seemed a little surprise. “Young,” he mumbled. I nodded. “Mhm. They h-had us when they were 15. But they’re g-g-great p-parents,” I said fiercely. Even my dad. When he was sober, he really was a great dad. He really loved me and Shawn, and would give his life to protect the two of us.

                Luna’s dad smiled at me. “Just be good to my daughter, okay Shane?” I nodded. “Of c-course, s-s-sir,” I said sincerely. “None of that sir crap. Just call me Henry. It’s my name,” he said with a laugh, shaking my hand as we heard Luna coming down the stairs.

                She entered the room and smiled at me. My eyes widened a little. “You look absolutely beautiful,” I managed to say, hardly aware of the fact that I was too shocked to even stutter. She was breathtakingly beautiful. She was wearing black skirt, short enough to show off her smooth legs, but long enough not to make her seem slutty. She wore a tight shirt that very slightly revealed a bit of cleavage and hugged her figure just right, again just right so she didn’t seem slutty.

                Her hair was slightly curled and she had on a very light layer of makeup, just enough to highlight her features and bring out her eyes. I could smell a thin layer of perfume on her, enough to leave her smelling nice and not overpowering.

                “Thanks Shane,” she said, coming over and taking my hand in hers. “Bye mom, bye dad!” she said cheerfully and pulled me out of the house.

                We got in the car and I pulled out of the driveway, turning on my iPod. Paradise Fear’s cover of Stereo Hearts started up and Luna giggled. “Oh Shane, that’s so cute! You’re handsome tonight, by the way,” she said as I drove towards the restaurant. We were getting dinner before the movie.

                “Th-Thanks,” I said, blushing and keeping my eyes on the road. We got to the restaurant and I hurried around to open the door for Luna. I took her hand and helped her up, shutting the door and putting my arm around her waist, walking her into the restaurant and holding the door open for her.

                Chris looked up and smiled at me softly, Jordan holding his hand. They came over to us. “Let me seat you two,” he said and nodded at us to follow him and Jordan. The two led us to a table in the back, private enough for me.

                We sat down and Chris took our orders before going with Jordan to get us drinks and some bread while we waited for the actual food to come. I smiled lightly at Luna, still struck by her beauty.

                “You’re so beautiful Luna. I really can’t get over it,” I said shyly, looking down at my hands and blushing. She smiled and grabbed my hands. She leaned over the table and kissed me gently. “You’re very handsome tonight, Mr. Jarvis,” she said sincerely, smiling wider at me. I blushed more. I was so lucky to be dating this wonderful girl.

                I softly began to sing her Yours Truly by Paradise Fears, feeling the words deep inside me, and hoping to god she would feel as much love as I did right now. I didn’t care about being manly or whatever. A girl like Luna deserved the best, and I wanted to give it to her. I didn’t have a lot of money, but material gifts weren’t everything. Sometimes the feelings shared between two people was more enriching than any material gift could ever be.

                When I was done singing, I kissed her gently on the lips. “You’re so beautiful,” I whispered honestly. “Shane, you’re a wonderful boy,” she said, cracking a smile at me and kissing me again.

                “I love you,” we said softly at the same time and smiled at each other. You didn’t have to date for months on end. When love came along, you just felt it. My dad had told me that once, many years ago on his wedding night.

                And I could feel it right now. It just felt right to say it to Luna, and I could feel it deep within my heart. I just wanted to hold Luna in my arms and kiss her lovingly. Shawn couldn’t ruin this, even if he tried to. I would fight to keep this love, and treat it as if it were glass. Easily breakable, and handled with gentle love and care.

                “I’m glad we kissed that day, Shane,” Luna said quietly, another smiling spreading onto her beautiful face. “Me too,” I whispered softly, truly happy for the first time in a very long time.