Chapter 9

Wow you guys really like this story, haha. Thank you so much it really means a lot and I'm so so sorry for the long update I'll try to make this chapter better! I love you all and thanks so much for all of the reads I can't say it enough you all make me so happy! :))) -Bri

-----------------------------------------------------------

During the night I had nightmares about the incident between Luke and I. I sat silently at dinner, avoided his texts, and skipped any school work.

I was actually kind of afraid to see Luke today, but hopefully he wouldn't do anything at school.

Luke didn't even show up today, and I was left to sit in detention alone.

Kayla, the girl who I sat near in detention yesterday, wasn't in detention either. A few snickers sounded from the back of the room as I quietly sighed to myself.

"What?" I snapped at them as I turned around, completely annoyed now.

"Wait, you didn't hear?"

"Didn't hear what?"

"Oh, nothing, never mind."

"Tell me."

"I don't think I should be the one to tell you."

"Bloody hell, tell me or I'll smash that stupid shit phone to pieces." I nodded to the sideways phone in his hand as he clutched it so I didn't take it.

Slowly, they got up and made their way over to where I was sitting.

The one placed his phone down in front of me and pressed play on a video.

I watched as Luke talked on the screen, Kayla being the one he was angry with.

Kayla; "Why are you with her Luke?"

Luke; "Because she's amazing, and she's herself."

Kayla; "Are sure it's not just because you feel bad for the suicidal bitch?"

Luke; "Don't call her that."

Kayla; "Or what? You'll offically dump me? I know you still love me Luke."

Luke hesitated slightly before answering; "Get over yourself Kayla, I'll never want you back."

Kayla; "We'll just see about that." She muttered before stepping forward and kissing him.

He didn't pull away. In fact, he put his hand on her hip.

A pang of jealousy hit me, but was soon washed over with complete anger. The next time I see her she will have her face rearranged.

Kayla; "What do ya say we go find her and clear things up?"

Luke; "No Kayla, I love her, not you."

Kayla; "Fine, let's just go."

In a few seconds she had confused him into getting in the car with him, and before first bell, they left.

The video ended but I stayed staring at the black screen, dumbfounded.

"Where'd they go?"

"Probably to his place. I wouldn't go if I were you."

I stood and grabbed my bag, determined to get there before she left.

"Wait!" The black haired one who showed me the video stood. "You're not going alone."

We rushed out to his car, careful not to let a teacher see us, though we only had to worry about the one that was on detention duty. As we neared Luke's, I could see her car still parked outside.

I couldn't believe Luke. I couldn't believe he'd ditch me for her. And what does she mean his still loves her?

The appartment reaked of smoke and beer, and another smell I coudn't place.

A noise came from one of the back rooms so that's exactly where I went.

Pushing open the door of Luke's bedroom and saw them practically eating eachothers faces off.

They were both almost fully undressed, and I was digusted by the way they acted, not a clue I was there.

I finally lost it when both of Luke's hand made it's way to the inside of her legs.

"So one night we fight and the one morning we don't see each other this is how I have to find out why?!" I yell at Luke, completely fed up with his shit and on the verge of tears.

"Next time just tell me you're not interested anymore, jackass. Fuck you, I'm done with this relationship." I pick up the picture of us two on his wall and rip it into shreds before turning to Kayla.

"I hope you're happy you slutty ass bitch, he's all yours." I flip them off before exiting the room, grabbing the black haired boy's arm and oulling him out with me.

"Thanks." I quietly tell him out front of his car before turning towards the sidewalk for my walk home.

"For what? i just roke you guys up, you should be mad at me."

I stopped and turned before truthfully answering him. "You saved me from making another mistake, loving him."

After a few seconds I left him standing there speachless, heading down the walkway. Not long after, a car pulled up beside me.

"Need a ride home? It's the least I can do." He shyly smiled, obviously feeling bad.

I quickly made my way over and got in, directing him to my house.

"Thanks again,"

"Alec."

"Thanks again, Alec." I smiled as hopped out of the car.

"Hey Peyton," He rolled down the window before I left. "Don't let it get to you, any guy would be lucky to have you. He'll come right back to you, just play hard to get with him, I'll help you if you want him back."

"I think I'm good with relatioships for now, I'm better off single like I always was, but thanks it means a lot you said that." He nodded before we waved goodbye and I made my way inside.

As the night went on I ignored any phone calls and text messages that I got, whether they were from Luke or not. Again I stayed in my room and stayed on my laptop, not talking to anyone. I tried anything to keep my mind off of Luke and tried my best not to dream about him.

Now I just have to pretend Luke doesn't exist. It shouldn't be that hard right, I mean I only just met him, so he never really was existant.

I just don't know if I can stay away from something that I thought I loved.

------------------------------------------------------------

Uh oh, someone's in deep shit. Do you think she'll end up with Luke again, maybe Ryan? And what about Alec, he seems to fancy her. I'm kind of upset with myself that I broke them up, but I needed a good update because I felt terrible. Hope you liked it and I'm sorry it was so short! -Bri