3

You shut the door behind you feeling giddy.

Steve seemed like an incredibly nice, kind, funny, sweet, respectful man unlike the other men you've been around.

Well, boys perhaps, according to Steven.

You quickly showered, ate and went off to bed.

In the morning when you woke you got ready for work.

Sliding into the tight fitting red dress and matching heels that were your uniform you sighed.

If your mother really knew where you worked she would have a fit.

You headed to the kitchen and made your mom some breakfast knowing she would be up soon.

You quickly threw on a long black trench coat.

You walked down the hall sulking not wanting to go to that filth hole.

Exiting the house you pulled your coat around you tightly as you saw your daily scheduled cabbie.

"Good morning Eleanor." You heard him speak as you climbed into the back seat.

You smiled at the man."Good morning Jeff."

"Any stops before work?"

"No sir."

He smiled and nodded before pulling off.

Once you reached the day club you paid your fare and exited the cab and entered the side entrance of the building.

"Eleanor!" A voice yelled as soon as you walked in.

It was your boss Thomas.

You took a deep breath and followed the sound of his angry voice.

"The new girl quit!" He shouted.

Of course she did.

No one in their right mind would work here, even if it was just to wait tables.

Unfortunately you couldn't find a job elsewhere.

"None of the other girls can come in early so I need you to work two sections until someone comes in."

You sighed,"Yes sir."

He patted your cheek,"Good girl."

You cringed and nearly threw up.

You sulked over to one of the back rooms and slid out of your trench coat, touched up your wind blown hair and make up and headed back out to the dining area.

To explain more, no you weren't a stripper. You were just more of a sexy waitress at a strip club.

There's quite a distinct difference. You hated being called a stripper but what else did you expect from sleazy men?

You spent the next few hours beating away men and serving food.

At least tips were good, even though they came with phone numbers or addresses.

You began to wonder what Steven would think if he saw you in the club bent over the table reading a menu to a clearly competent customer while your cleavage nearly spilled out of your insanely tight dress.

He's be disgusted no doubt.

You planned on quitting in the near future when you had enough saved, hopefully he wouldn't find out before then.

You didn't want to see the repulsed look on his face.

You sighed and walked the order to the kitchen.