Age

You walk down stairs making dinner for you and Jared. He called you twenty minutes ago saying he'll be home from the studio in a hour. You love surprising him with your great cooking skills. Especially make his favorite, an Italian vegan pasta almost like spaghetti but richer and with bolder flavors. It lightens his day which lights up your day. You took out the pans and add the ingredients in. Chopped garlic and bell peppers. Adding spinach and swiftly started boiling the pasta.
It took you a solid half hour for it to be perfect. You played your favorite Jareds song The Kill Acoustic on your phone. You sing it out loud. Your beautiful voice cracking at some points on the high tones. You love this pacific song. It gives you vivid memories of your mother even though it's meant for a love one. The song changed to his other song End Of All Days. You where ready to lose your fucken voice for this one. Another favorite. It gives you strength that your older brother whose been diagnosed with leukemia, a Cancer in the blood cells, will survive it. If Jared didn't met you in the hospital the day you found out about your brother you'd probably been on a cliff ready to die the next day. No doubt. It felt like your heart killed itself. You snap out of it but then started to feel tears crawling down your cheeks. You whipped them away with your arms. Slowly you sing along. "All we need is faith-All We Need is FAITH! Ohh."
You sniffed. You felt two gentle arms wrap around you. You smile knowing your baby is home.

"Why are you beautifully singing to my depressing music?" He chuckles. Crushing his lips on your cheek. "And why is your cheek salty?" He peaked at your face. "Aww is my little girl crying?" He pout his lips, frowning. He soon gives you a quick hug.

"I'm not." You laugh sniffing. He pulls away giving you an adorable 'Seriously?' look. "Okay yes but don't worry about it." You opened the top shelf for plates. "Guess what I've cooked? Oh and you better not have eaten out with your friends because-"

"-You made pasta!" He smiles giving you a kiss. "Thank you babe!"

"...You're...welcome, go sit down so I can serve you properly." You poked his chest. He did as he was told. You served him his plate and obviously gave him a glass of wine. It's great with everything! Well most things. He patiently waited for you at the table. You both dig in. You smile at His pleasure moans. You smirk to yourself as you stabbed food in your fork.

"Do you remember the day we went hiking on mountain Everest with my friends?" He looks up at you.

"Umm? Yeah...why?" You chuckled.

"Shannon reminded me today if you wanted to laugh at him again falling off Half Dome" He snickers.

"Haha he's not over that?"

"No... not really. Me and the boys are hiking at Yosemite Valley in Yosemite National Park-want to come?"

"Yes!"

"It's a date!" You both continuously spoke for an hour, laughing at the clingiest moments you both had in mountain Everest .

Bed Time

You crawled next to Jared. His arms wrapped around you. "(Y/N)?"

"Yes?"

"I never told you this but I think we aren't fitted for each other." He said. You pounder at his statement. Slowly thinking.

"What?"

"I mean you're twenty-three and I'm almost turning forty-five... I want you to be truly happy with someone. Your literally dating a man more than half your age... I don't want you to suffer if something happens to me."

"You're kidding? Right?" You lift your self up and went to the living room. You crawled yourself into a ball on the couch. Hiding you face in between your knees. Holding your legs together. You tried not to cry but realized he can actually break up with you. You herd him call for you in the dark.
You hate it when he sees you at any vulnerable state, it made you feel like a big cry baby. You can't deal with him, you didn't even want to talk about it. You grab your keys and decided to drive to your friends house. Acceptingly she offered you coco and wanted answers.

"What now?" She yawns.

"Do you see anything odd between me and Jared?"

"No, above all I think you guys are the cutest couple ever." Her eyes slowly blink.

"Well in bed-"

"What?-"

"Cuddling." You gave her a glare. "He mentioned that I was to young for him." You look at her for a peace of hope to say something that will result you going back. Instead she shrugged.

"He has a point (y/n)-I know he cute and all but his age matters."

"It doesn't, he currently forty-four and still fucken hiking with his buddies! He even invited me to climb Half Dome!"

"He's probably proving that he can still be active but really that doesn't mean anything. Watch until he breaks a leg then here you are waisting a century for him to recover. Look what I'm trying to say is that he wants you to be happy with someone you can be with your entire life instead of half your life. I love you (y/n) and I don't ever want to see you put down on you forties."

"But I love him"

"Then that's on you. Tell him you love him so he can shut the fuck up." You both herd loud knocking on the door making one of you flinch. You bit your lips in desperation. "Come in!" Your friend yelled. The door opened revealing Jared.

"Umm... can we talk about earlier? Please?" He got closer to you. His eyes are mentally blue and physically red.

"Fuck it, let's brake up. If that's what you want?" You cry on his chest.

"It's for the best baby." He holds you close.

"No it's not..." You hear your friend say. You both look at her. "I feel like you two should give it all you have before time runs out so (y/n) can keep those vivid memories to tell the children." She sipped her coco. She has a point.

"She has a point." Jared said. "I'm terribly sorry I just didn't want to hurt you in the future. I don't ever want to hurt you like today."