Chapter 1: College

EDITED!!

"Leah, hurry up! I have things to do after I drop you off at college!" My father yells just as I finish curling the last piece of my brunette hair.

Hi, I'm Leah. Let's start with what I look like. I have dark brown hair, blue eyes, and I'm pretty skinny... for the most part. I'd say I'm pretty kind. My mother died when I was five because of a murderer who we still are yet to find and I went through a serious depression later in my life, but I'm getting over it slowly. I guess I've never really had a boyfriend, if second grade counts. I'm ninteen and about to go to college. I've never been more happy in my life.

I run down the stairs with two suit cases in hand. 

"Alright, get in the car. You're moving so slow!" My father yells, grabbing a beer out of the fridge.

My father, on the other hand, hasn't gotten over my mothers death. He doesn't hit me, but he sure as hell yells at me all the time. I don't even do anything half of the time.

I put my suit cases in the back seat and sit in the front. He gets in shortly after me, driving to my college, U.O.C- University of Cheshire.

He parks in the parking lot and turns the radio down.

"Bye. Have a nice time." He says, finishing off his beer. 

"Yeah. Bye." I say quickly, wanting to get away from him as soon as possible. I hated it when he drank and drive.

I grab my suit cases and walk to the dorm number on my hand: 44H- East Building.

I finally figure it out and walk into the room. It's quite small actually. It's just one small room about the size of a regular living room. It has two dressers, a room which I'm guessing lead to a bathroom, and two beds on each side of the room. 

Someone has already put their things away in here. I took my time putting my stuff away, when someone walks into the room.

Blonde hair sets on top of her head in a super messy bun. She had brown eyes and is super skinny and pretty. 

"Hi! You must be my room mate! I'm Emily. I hope you like it here." She says smiling widely, and I notice a nose piercing on her.

"Hi, I'm Leah. I like your nose piercing." I complement her. 

"Thank you! I got it done two years ago! I really like it. I'm thinking about getting a lip one. Cute, right?" She asks and I nod. 

"Yeah. When do classes start?" I ask her, trying to change the subject. 

"Two weeks. We could get to know each other by then, I'm sure." She smiles again. 

"Okay. Yeah, that sounds nice." I agree. 

Emily seemed like a nice girl.

"So, Leah. There's a get together party tomorrow night. Everyone is gonna be there. Wanna come?" Emily offers.

"Yeah, I guess. I could get to know everyone or try to." I say.

"Yeah. Just stay away from Alex. She's a bitch." Emily says. 

"Okay. Thanks for the advice." I half laugh. 

"No problem. I got my eyes on this cute, punk guy, Louis. He's so hot." She says and goes on and on about Louis. 

I pretend to listen to her. He doesn't sound that interesting.

* 11:37 p.m. The next day. *

I hopped out of Emily's Jeep wearing a short, puffy, black dress. It was pretty, beautiful actually. My black flats made a soft noise as I padded along the sidewalk, walking up to the front door with Emily right beside me.