Chapter 14: About Time...

"Hey Harry?" I jog down the stairs to Harry watching t.v.

"What's up, love?" Harry pulls his attention away from the t.v. to me.

"I'm going to go for a walk to the park. The one I went to when I, you know." I play with my fingers.

"Want me to go with you?" Harry offers, turning the t.v. off.

"That would be nice, but I really want to get a few things off my mind without any distractions. Plus, it's only seven in the evening. I'll be back before nine." I inform Harry.

"Okay, Leah. Please be careful. Take my car." Harry turns the t.v. back on.

"Okay. Thanks Harry." I grab his keys. I was about to walk out the door, but Harry stopped me.

He put his hand on the door, not letting it open.

"Aren't you going to give me a kiss?" He asks and I turn around to face him.

"Of course." I smile and kiss him.

The kiss lingers on for awhile, until I pull away.

"Bye Harry." I say and walk out the door, shutting it closed behind me.

I start the car, quickly driving off to the park. I was just hoping for a break and some fresh air.

I parked the car in the small parking lot. I walked the gravel trail until I reached a bunch of trees, open grassland, and a small playground.

Some one was seated quietly on a park bench near the back. I shrugged it off and took a seat in the grass, preparing to think.

The things my father have done to me are more than horrible. He deserves worse than hell. He's done unacceptable things to me and my mother. I just couldn't believe the one man I had trusted and loved in my life had failed, hurt me like that. But I have Harry now. And I didn't have very many worries when it came to Harry.

The sun started to set, signaling I should get back soon. Someone was poking my shoulder, so I turned around to see that Dan guy smiling at me. Not a kind smile, bit a wicked smile that screamed trouble.

"Nice to see you again, Leah." Dan grabs my arm, pulling me up.

"How do you know my name?" I had to ask.

"Not important. How'd you get that nice bruise on your jaw? From Harry? Wouldn't be surprised." Dan chuckled, leading me somewhere.

Had Harry hit a girl before? How badly? What was Harry hiding from me?

"It wasn't Harry. He wouldn't do that." I say and Dan stops walking and turns to face me.

"You don't know what he's capable of, Hun. Look at my nose." Dan sighed, pointing to it.

"I do though." I say. I also think he's killed my dad, but I couldn't come to believe it. Harry told me he had taken care of it, so I believe him. And trusted him.

"C'mon." Dan pulls me harder.

"No! Let go of me!" I yell, yanking my arm back.

I start running to the car, adrenaline kicking in.

"Leah! Get back here!" Dan yells. I look behind me and see he's right on my tail.

I feel my pockets for my cellphone and find nothing. Where was my cellphone? It had been gone at the hospital as well...

I pull out the keys to Harry's car and unlock the car. I reach the gravel trail and see the headlights of the car appear.

"Leah!" Dan angrily yells. I turn my head for a split second and see he's reaching his hand out to grab me.