Chapter 17: Job Application

* 2:12 a.m. *

"Leah, it's okay. Come out where I can see you." Dan's voice fills the room full of mirrors. I was trapped in my own gaze, with Dan. Except, I couldn't find him. He didn't show up in any of the mirrors, but I could hear him.

"Never." I say, frantically spinning around and checking behind me to see if he has appeared.

I know he's here.

"Too bad Harry isn't here. It's a shame, how he left you for Alex." Dan tests, knowing I'll satisfy him with my crying if he keeps it up. I won't give him the satisfaction, though.

I say nothing as Dan appears, gun in hand.

"You're gonna die the same way your mom died. Three gun shots in your most sensitive parts. You're brain, the middle of your stomach, and most importantly, your heart." Dan says, putting a finger on the trigger.

"Leah! Leah, wake up!" Harry's strong hands shake me awake. 

I was drenched in my own cold sweat, Harry's worried face beside me.

"You were screaming." Harry says.

"I-I'm sorry." I say, just realizing tears were falling down my cheeks.

"No need to be sorry, love. Come here. Do you want to talk about it?" Harry says. I quickly cuddle into his arms.

"Dan and I were in a room full of mirrors, and you had left me for Alex. He p-pulled out a gun and- and he said he w-was going to shoot me in the s-same places my dad shot m-my mom." I cry into Harry's bare chest, hugging him tight. 

"No one's going to hurt you." Harry said, rubbing my back gently.

"Thank you, Harry." I pull away and wipe some of my tears away.

"Please stop crying, Leah." Harry swipes the pad of his thumb across my cheek, wiping away several tears.

"Okay." I lay back down.

"You're my everything." Harry says drowsily, putting an arm around my waist, pulling me closer. 

"And you're mine." I say.

 **************************************************

* Monday- 3:21 p.m. *

"Harry, I don't care what you say. I'm getting a job to help you pay for bills and stuff!" I ask, sliding on my shoes.

"How many times do I have to tell you I make enough money to support both of us?" Harry's voice isn't anger, just serious.

"I know, Harry. But i'll feel really bad." I slide on my coat. Seconds later, Harry's is on too.

"Where are you thinking to get a job?" Harry sits next to me on the couch, sliding on his left boot.

"Wendy's." I say standing up shortly after Harry. I walked past him and grab the keys.

"I'm driving." Harry says, reaching out for the keys.

"You always drive." I pout, putting the keys behind my back.

He pushes me up into the wall and bends down to my ear.

"I already am letting you get a job, so I suggest you at least let me drive. Unless you want to make up for it later." Harry whispers in my ear, pushing up against me. It wasn't until now that I realized he was hard.

"Okay. You can drive." I say, sliding the keys into his hand. He smirks and backs away from me.

"That's what I thought." Harry grins.