Eren Loves Mari

By the time I had finally figured out the where in this humongous palace I was supposed to go the king was finishing up with last meeting of the day. I could do my best and stutter out a flimsy apology in his direction and to my surprise he did not even seem upset. "It is fine my darling I know it is easy for newcomers to get lost." I gaped like a fish at him and nodded my head eagerly in response.

     "Oh thank you your majesty for pardoning my lateness it will never happen again," he smiled but it didn't quite reach his eyes well in his case I guess eye. "Come I must show you something very important to me and I think you might like it." With that he turned and walked off and I hurried to follow his long strides. "May I ask where we are headed to," he hummed in thought, "We are headed to the library," "Umm no disrespect your majesty, but in our original tour of the grounds they showed us the library."

      "I know they did, but this is a different library is it barred off from everyone except my son and I." After that he was quiet as if in his thoughts and I kept silent to. I wonder why he has a secret room and why he is showing it to me off all people. Then it hit me this must be the forbidden library Gypsy told me to meet at. Had she known the king would show it to me? I can't be too sure about this. "Why do you have the library locked up." I asked the king, "It causes me grief and heartache every time I see it," the king answered flatly.

       We continued into a part of the castle I had never been before and all I could think was man this place was huge. "We are nearing the library it is just down these stairs and around the corner," the king spoke. I studied him as we walked he was tall very tall indeed. I felt the air shift around us we when neared the stairs it was frigid in this area. The king paused at the stairs almost as if frozen and his eye stared off seeing something that I could not see at the bottom. I gently place I hand on his shoulder and he shuddered and gulped. "Ahh my apologies let us continue on," he gave me a tight smile.

        Soon we stood in front of two imposing doors and the king gave a deep breath and placed his hand in the center. A soft click happened and the doors slowly came apart, "Please come in and look around." King Eren stepped aside and swept his hand out and I walked inside. "Oh my mystics," I gasped. The library was amazing rows and rows of books with a large table in the middle. I glided my hand across the ancient covers of the books breathing in their scent. It was warm almost like a welcoming hug to a new visitor, but as soon as the king stepped in it vanished and the room became cold just the rest of the castle. The king gave a sad smile and waved me over to where he was standing, "Thank you for showing me this I really appreciate it," I gushed.

         "The queen loved her books you know? Her hunger for knowledge was insatiable and when were still courting she would sneak here and read even though she barely understood what was written," King Eren suddenly looked at me and his hands shot out and gripped my shoulders. I tried to pull away but his hands were cemented. A crazed look entered that one eye, "She didn't approve of this never did and turned away from me because of it. She didn't understand I was doing it for us so we could be together and now she is gone." As he spewed these rushed words his hands gripped harder and turned to claws sharply pressing into shoulders.

        "You're hurting me, stop please stop your majesty." I yelled, "Don't you understand I loved you I always did. I never wanted to hurt you and I just wanted to keep you happy and safe. But you had to go and get in the way of everything and guilting me with those pretty eyes." I had no idea what the king was talking about and I struggled in his grasp. "Eren just stop it please," it was my last attempt to get sense back into him.

         He stilled and looked at me again, "Okay Mari I understand I just wanted to bring you to your favorite place remember," His eye pleaded with mine, "I'm not Mari I don't even know who that is I am Anna remember. The daughter of purebloods Peter and Gwendolyn, you summoned us to the palace."