Pivot

Chapter 4

Rogue had sent Ruby into a room to get changed with the orders “Dress hot! We’re going to a vampire club; they’re all pale skin, dark clothes, think gothic styles. We’re there to attract attention, we need to find somebody, and we’re not gonna do that without dressing to impress.”

With this in mind, Ruby searched through the wardrobe provided, discarding most as either too revealing, or downright ridiculous. After plenty of short skirts, shorts, bras and revealing t-shirts, Ruby settled on a black leather dress. It didn’t look too short, and wasn’t showing everything off, so it was considerably better than whatever else she could find, but it wasn’t exactly something she’d own herself. She undressed quickly and pulled up the dress, before reaching around to zip it up then turning to look at herself in the mirror.

No way. I can NOT go out in that.

It wasn’t too bad. It was a little shorter than she thought, not quite reaching the middle of her thigh, definitely shorter than anything she personally owned. Her main gripe was with the amount of cleavage on show. Again, it wasn’t too bad. But it did show cleavage, and the only clothes she had that showed cleavage were vest tops. This was designed to draw attention to her breasts and thighs, which made her feel incredibly self-conscious. She didn’t find herself physically unattractive, she didn’t think she was ugly, but there were so many flaws she could point out. She wasn’t satisfied with her hips, or her arms, or her legs or most other body parts.

It’s only natural to find flaws in yourself, right? I’m probably overreacting.

Pushing all of her negative thoughts to the back of her head, she reached for a pair of black high heels, before grabbing the lipstick she had chosen, and applied it to her lips. Eventually, all of her makeup and clothes were sorted, she was going out like this, whether she liked it or not.

She returned to the mirror again, giving herself a once over.

I don’t look too bad, actually. Very gothic.

Her Mascara and eyeliner were much heavier, and her lips were now a glossy black.

Satisfied that she could pull it off, she opened the door and returned to the computer room, where Rogue was waiting for her.

Rogue looked mostly the same, still wearing those black leather pants coupled with black heavy boots. However, her tank top had been replaced with a dark black corset, which only heightened her sexuality.

Stop staring, it’s just a corset.

“Ready to go?” Ruby asked, causing Rogue to look up and notice her. Instantly, her jaw dropped. Her entire body was rigid; Ruby began to wonder if maybe she should change into something more conservative.

Rogue finally regained the ability to talk, moving her lips slowly. “You look...” Ruby anticipated the next word. It would either be a stereotypical “hot” or “sexy”, worst case scenario being “like a giant slut”. But neither of those came out of Rogue’s mouth. “Beautiful. You look absolutely beautiful, Ruby.”

Ruby blushed harder than she’d ever blushed before; nobody called her beautiful. Sure, people complimented her looks, but they’d never called her beautiful.

“I mean, you always look beautiful, but damn, I’m gonna have a hard time keeping my hands off you tonight.”

That’s more like the Rogue I know.

...

Getting into a vampire club was surprisingly easy, not that you could tell it was a vampire club, it looked very much like any other on the outside. The two bouncers nodded when Rogue passed them a piece of paper, and stepped aside to let them through.