Chapter 3 (The Rogue)

I'm done with everyone,

I'm sick of everything.

I'm living on the brink of death,

Caught in a web of lies and deceit.

 "Look who's finally awake!"

I groaned and shifted around in the chair I was tied too, feeling tiny pinpricks stabbing into the pieces of me that made contact with the furniture below and I realized my nose was bleeding; the taste of blood was heavy on my lips and tongue.

"Sorry about the nose bleed love, we didn't know you'd have that sort of reaction to chloroform." The voice spoke again and I made a small noise in the back of my throat - I figured it was a cross between a moan and a growl.

"So. You wanna play a game?"

I blinked. "Really? You're quoting Saw now? What's next? Are you going to be the Jack to my Rose and freeze to death so I can live? Actually that sounds kind of nice now that I think about it-"

"I knew I should've gone with one of the other lines." He murmured under his breath and turned to glare at me. I grinned, glad that I had gotten underneath his skin. "Do you want to know the name of the game you're about to play?"

"Is it called Hide and Go Screw Yourself?" I asked, narrowing my eyes hatefully at him. However, to my disappointment, he simply laughed.

"No, no it is not. Although, I'd screw you anytime." I snorted and spat at the window he was hiding behind, my hands clenching into fist. "Settle down now before you hurt yourself." The man said in a sing-song voice.

Not wanting to obey his command but feeling the pain the splinters were causing, I settled into the chair. "Good little Rogue. Now, the game is actually called Splinter. The little chair you're sitting in now was just a warm-up."

I raised my eyebrow at him, my curiosity roused at his words. "Ah. See? I knew you'd come around. I bet you're just dying to find out what Splinter is, aren't you?"

My eyebrow fell and I glared at him. "You should be ashamed of yourself for that pun." I spoke simply, and he laughed at me again. "What? What's so funny? It's not like I'm sitting here cracking jokes or anything so why are you laughing?"

He continued to laugh for a few minutes, and then settled. "You're hilarious. Now, let me tell you a little about Splinter." The man paused and looked at me through the glass. "You'll be put in a long cave. Above are stalactites, and you must crawl over the stalagmites."

"Here's the catch. Or rather, catches. You have to be quiet and careful. If you're too loud or too reckless, you'll be turned into a kebab. Also, you'll have to crawl from stalagmite to stalagmite in your human form. You only have a few feet in between daggers from above and daggers from below."

He grinned, and a rag was pressed to my face once again.

I've lost all sense of my reality,

Everyone is just a critic, a saint,

So judge me if you wanna but you won't destroy me.

Tick tock, let's get it started.

 I woke exactly where I expected I would- the mouth of a cave I couldn't see the back of. Sighing, I sat up and looked at the path before me, knowing at the moment I could do nothing but comply to the batshit man's orders.

Dusting myself off, I looked down and realized they had dressed me. There were dark washed blue pants on my legs and a shirt with the words "The Mighty Thor!" tattooed in bold text across it.