4

[Edited]

Taeyeon grabbed the key on the table, before walking to the door. Her family is watching the television.

"Where are you going?" Hayeon asked.

"Meet some old friends. Just make like your own home. I'll come back before night." She informed.

Opening the door, she almost has a heart attack when Baekhyun stood right in front of the door outside. She raised an eyebrow to him.

"I want to meet your family." He said, and walked in without waiting for her response.

She turned around, seeing him greeted her family cheerfully.

"Baekhyun!" Jiwoong hugged him gently. "How have you been?"

Hayeon and her mother joined them afterwards, giving each other some warm hugs.

"Just like this hyung. I miss you guys." Baekhyun said.

Taeyeon heaved a sigh, knowing that she has no right to tell Baekhyun for not coming to her house. He missed her family after all.

"I'm going." She muttered slowly while walking out, leaving them.

-

Baekhyun had a very nice time with the family, who treated him like their own family member.

He noticed that Jiwoong always avoided eye contact with him, and he wondered why.

So after the two females went to their room to have a quick nap, he took the chance to ask Jiwoong. "Hyung,"

"Hm?"

"What happened, actually?" He asked.

Jiwoong looked flustered at the sudden question, but he managed to pull it well. "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean, hyung. Please, I need to know." Baekhyun begged.

Jiwoong stared at him. He could see how much Baekhyun wants to know the truth. The full explanation that Taeyeon never wants to say.

But it is Taeyeon who needs to tell him all about it. Not him. Not anyone.

"I'm sorry, Baek. But not now." He said, looking down.

Baekhyun looked depressed, as he looked over his legs. "It's okay. But I would like to say, that I'm still waiting for the full story. I love her, and I'll always do. I know that she didn't meant everything she said." He said, standing up.

Bowing slightly, he left Jiwoong there, feeling guilty.

-

The hangout went well with Taehyung and Miyoung. Taeyeon headed straight to the home after that.

In her way, she saw a group of kids bullying a puppy. They threw the big rocks and sticks to the puppy, and she can't watch it any longer.

She stepped out from her car, walking to them. "Hey, stop. What are you doing?"

"Go away noona." One of them said.

"You shouldn't do this. Animal is a creature like us too." She adviced, but they don't look like going to stop, while the puppy barked weakly, asking for any help.

She walks passed them to the puppy, and squatted down to be in the same level as it.

Being a well trained doctor, she automatically know that the puppy is not having any serious injury, but still, some parts of its body get injured.

She took it in her arms, but suddenly feels something hit the side of her forehead, and the hot blood flowing down from the cut.

"Hey, kids!"

Someone called them, and they automatically stopped their action and looked at him. Their expression changed and they quickly ran away from the scene.

"If you do this again, I'm going to report it to your family!" Baekhyun shouted.

He walked to her. Handing a hand for her to reach, he asked, "You okay?"

Not thinking twice, she held his hand, before standing up with his help. "Yeah, but the puppy is not. Maybe I'll treat its cuts at home." She muttered.

What do you mean by that? You're also bleeding, girl.

Baekhyun slid his hand in his pocket, searching for something before taking it out. "Here."

Taeyeon looked at the plaster for a second, wondering why he needs to give her that.

"You have a cut on your forehead." He informed, in case she doesn't realize it.

He took the plastic off, before stepping closer to her. He helped her to stick it, but Taeyeon can't help to stare at his face for a moment.

The feeling of wild heartbeats, she misses this.

"Are you going to keep the puppy? I think he likes you." Baekhyun shook her thought away.

"Maybe." She murmured.

"Come on then." He grabbed her hand, walking away from the park.

"Wait, my car is there." Taeyeon pointed to the side.

"I'll drive it to your home later. You need to treat the puppy soon. Your house is close, luckily." He said, holding her hand tighter.

She tried to pull it from him, but he didn't even budge.

She almost forgot, that she will never win against him.

As they reached their home, she quickly pulled her hand, since he already loosened his grip. "Thank you, and since you offered to drive my car here, you can put it in front of the gate."

Baekhyun nodded, and she made her way inside the gate with the puppy which is sleeping in her arms.

"Taeyeon," He called.

Taeyeon turned around, looking at him. He cleared his throat, saying, "Nothing, just take care of yourself-- and the puppy of course." He said awkwardly.

Taeyeon smiled a little, nodding. She continued her way, leaving Baekhyun there.

"I need an answer to your lies, tae."

-
Revision and editing : 19 May 2018