Chapter 5

It took twenty minutes for me to realize Blake and Raney weren't coming back.

I pick myself up and, limping slowly, walk anywhere. This time not marking my path 

I give up. I don't know what I am going to do. I don't have my sister with me. I give up.

We did everything together. I wouldn't change a thing about her.

Ingrid isn't my identical twin at all but that's what makes our friendship great!.

She's a brunette for one. I am blonde.

She flirts with the teachers to get a good grade. I could never cheat.

I am top of the class and she doesn't know squat.

She wears short skirts and tank tops that barely hold her breasts whereas I wear jeans and nice long thin tops with a cardie or something. Comfy stuff. Not stuff to suduce every guy you come across.

She's a skater girl. I'm more like a librarian. I mean I really like to read. It's fun to think that there's a world that isn't real. Like the world of Harry Potter. The world of Anne Frank. Its amazing to believe that you can imagine what ever you want. I wish I could imagine a plane to get out of here.

I don't know why but us being different makes it easier for me to stand her. I know I can study on a weekend because I know she's going to be out at parties or out with friends all night. The only thing we actually do jave in common is that we both have our mother's eyes. The darkest blue. The blue at the bottom of the ocean.

Thinking about this makes me tired so I sit down.

There's pain. Life hurts. I just have to survive through this to tell my story to my granchildren everytime they come and visit their old grandmother.

I see fire behind some trees a couple of meters away. I don't quite rush to see what happened but I do walk quicker.

On one hand I hope it's Ingrid so I have her with me amd alive. But on the other hand I dont want it to be because then she is most probably hurt.

I walk on. I don't have my 'crutch' to take a little weight off of my ankle so it hurts so much.

I've never been to good with pain. Even if I have a tiny headache it feels like a terrible migraine. I am such a hypochondriac! There is always something wrong with me. Today it's my ankle, yesterday it was my shoulder and tomorrow it will be my bloody wrist! My Ma never cares if something hurts anymore. She's given up. I'm always okay but it really doesnt hurt!.

I scream at the top of my lungs as my heart fills with love as I see my little brother laying on the ground. He has a huge cut along his jaw line. It looks like he's not breathing properly.

"JASON!"I lift his head up and place my knees under to keep his head elivated.

"Jason please, Jason no!, Breath!" I talk in a smooth voice hoping he would hear. My voice is dying and I choke up.

Blake and Raney come running up to me.

"Where the hell have you two been!" I shout at them harshly.

"Erm, I don't know... saving people!" Blake replies not souding very nice like the Blake I met at the beach.

"You two left me alone."

"Well... You were fine." Raney tells me.

"I have a broken ankle. I am fifteen. You can't just leave me on my own in the middle of the jungle!" I scream at them. Just as I do Jason coughs up. hHis nose starts to bleed. "Jason are you okay?"

"In-ingg-gr-id... Ing-rid... Ingrid" he whispers.

"No, no I'm Freya." I tell him with a soft voice. He looks at me with red eyes and a pale face. He looks to Raney, then to Blake and looks at the grey material from the plane.

"Where am I?" He asks. Raney looks around.

"We're on an Island, Mate" He answers with wide eyes and eyebrows raised.

He sits up and looks around fast.

"There's a beach up ahead. We'll take Freya's sheet and make camp there". Blake orders and walks on.

"Hold on" I tell them, I kick down a tree with my right foot leaving on the broken one. It hurts but it should be worth it in the end. "I need something to take wait off of it." I explain.

"Oh sure" Blake says with a sarcastic voice.