Chapter 9

Blake and I were sitting with Ingrid for a while trying to cheer her up. Blake was pulling stupid faces at her. She couldn't laugh or smile. She could barely move. He ztill carried on. I reminded her about the fun times we've had aver the years together. like the time we went to Disney land. The first day of secondary school and the time we went swimming with sea lions in Lanzerote.

After a while of me crying and Blake cheering both of us up, Blake took me out of the tent and sat with our legs out, arms behind, my head on his shoulder, looking out at the ocean. We sat staring for five minutes before Quin and Raney came running down the beach from the left of us with someone covered in blood.

Make a dent in the sand!" Raney shouted at us from almost 50 meters away. Me and Blake drop to the sand and dug a dent in the sand for, i'm guessing, the guy over his shoulder with our hands.

Quinn stops and lays down once she reached us. Blake helped Raney lay the woman down on the sand.

She had brown hair - medium length. The wind was pushing all of her wavy, dark brown hair onto her right shoulder. A couple of strands of hair peeked into her mouth. Raney quickly took the hair out in case she chokes on them. Her dark drown eyes opened looked at his. His breathing paces.

"Penny" He says with a high tenor voice.

"Suprise" She tries to say. Raney drops to his knees. She tits her head back into her right shoulder and falls asleep.

Raney falls back into his heels. He bares his head in his hands and pleads not to cry. Who is this woman?. Why is he so upset to see her. She fell asleep, its not like she just died. Blake and I stand. Blake places his hand onto Raney's left shoulder to try and comfort him. I kneel into the sand and look at 'Penny' She's so beautiful. She smiles in her sleep and it's magnificent.  I wish my mother looked like this. She's gotta be beauty queen or something. I'm not trying to sound lesbianish but seiriously she is... wow. I wonder how Raney knew her. Surly Raney could not get someone as good-looking as her. Maybe she's his family?...

I rotate my head to Blake and he is whispering to Raney.  Raney has a smile on his face by the time I look towards them. Blake must be cheering him up. Blake is such a mystery to me

.

Why was he calm when I first met him?

Why did he draw the island? Why did he want to know where abouts we set up camp? We're not going to be here long... are we!?

Why did he snap at me when I asked about the sand drawing?.

Where did he get that ruby anklet?

One question I really really want to know is why does he always carry around that photoframe! There's no photo in it!... I never actually realised he had a photoframe until now. I saw the frame peeking out of his brest pocket. Yesterday I saw it beside him whilst he was asleep. It's a lovely gold frame with a crack along the glass.

I leave these thoughts in the back of my mind and pay a vist to Ingrid. She is laying there on her side facing the beach. She can see us from where she is. Her breath seems to be pacing a little more so she must be starting to breath easier. That's good im guessing. What? I'm not a docter I have no idea whats good and whats not...

"Ingrid..." I look at her and sit beside her. I rest my arm on her shoulder. "Ingrid, can you speak yet?" I ask softly.

"Who is she" Ingrid speaks with a low, coaky voice.

"Raney said her name was Penny" I tell her with a smile.

"Who's Raney?"

"The long blonde haired one"

"Who's your boyfriend" She utters, turning her eyes to me with a smile. I giggle along with her.

With an even bigger smile I tell her "He's Blake... He's a mystery to me" I explain.

I'm so happy to see her talking again.

she sits up to hug me but my leg gets in the way

"My ankle is broken" I see her eyes pierce open and mouth drop to the floor

"and I get away with an ever so slightly crushed lung!" Ingrid says not sounding so quiet anymore. Blake comes running up the beach to the tent. I guess he heard Ingrid. As he steps in his eyes automatically turn to Ingrid.His smile grows and I just cant help but stare at it. He jumps to Ingrid and gives her a great big hug. After 10 seconds of that I interfere.

"Why are you hugging her?" I ask, trying to not let my jelousness show.

"Its one more survivour! One more survivour and one more family that isn't going to be depressed. " He smiles at me... I hate that smile. It's a smile that makes him look like he's plotting something. What?..

"She's my twin... at least our family would have been half happy!" I exclaim forgeting I'm with Ingrid.

"Hey!... They'd be dammed upset if I wasn't in that rescue helicopter!" Ingrid tells me with an upset face. Like I just told her she was worthless or something.

"Sorry Ingrid... I love you" I squeeze her tightly.

"I love you too" She tells me with a smile.

"Naaww that's so sweet now anyone wanna go exploring?" Blake asks.

Both me and Ingrid nod and follow Blake.