10. Daggering Rebekah

No One's POV

After Marcellus had heard Niklaus's speech, he went to the river to calm down, when he got back, he saw Rebekah alone.

"How was the river?"

"Was cold and sweet." Marcellus said with a smirk.

"I should go..." Rebekah was saying in almost a whisper, from how turned on she was for seeing Marcellus wet, and he quickly grabbed her and pushed her against the wall, then kissed her and she kissed him back, forgetting about everything else, it was just her and Marcellus.

"My brother will kill you." She said after breaking the kiss and trying to make some distance between them, but he kissed her again, then she just felt Marcellus pushed against another wall and Niklaus had a sword against him.

"Did I not warn you?" Niklaus asked angry for seeing them betray him, specially them, they were one of the few people he truly loved.

"Klaus, I beg of you!" Rebekah yelled, then calmed down and said. "He is not like any other, you saw it in him from the very first day. You saved him... Protected him... You raised him. You cannot kill him." After this, Rebekah place her hand in Klaus's arm and make him let go.

"Alright. I cannot... But you, dear sister need a lesson from what you can and cannot take from me." Niklaus said while daggering Rebekah.

Niklaus speed to his room, after putting his sister in a coffin, and start drawing in anger, in an attempt to calm down. After Niklaus speed away, Caroline appeared with Elijah and they saw Marcel upset.

"Is there something wrong? Did something happen?" Caroline asked.

"He daggered Rebekah..." Marcel said in a whisper, still not believing in what happened a few moments ago.

"Do you know why?" Elijah asked calmly.

"Because I like her and she likes me back." Marcel said and walked away.

"I'll go talk with Marcellus and you should go talk with my brother." Elijah said to Caroline.

"Why I am always the one who has to go talk with Nik?" Caroline asked.

"Because I believe that he still hears you. You might be the only one who can reach to him."

"That is only because these last years you didn't made an effort. He cares about all of you and cares about your opinions, just because he doesn't show it, doesn't mean that he doesn't care. He cares... but he just shows me because I seem to be the only who actually tries to understand him."

"How can you understand him daggering his siblings?"

"Because I truly listen to him." Caroline said and went to Niklaus's room.

"I am in no mood, Marcellus." Niklaus replied angry.

"It's Caroline." She said and he decided to open the door and let her in.

"Let me guess, you found out what happened and come here to make me change my mind and let my sister stay with Marcellus."

"Actually I come here just to know why you daggered her." Caroline said.

"They were developing feelings for one another and that couldn't happen."

"Why not?" Caroline asked confused.

"Because we all know how it ends, she is happy, then he gets tired of her and then everything gets weird to everyone." Niklaus replied.

"But what if he could be really the one to your sister?"

"Do you really believe that even after turning we can find the one?" Niklaus asked curious, while seating in his bed along with her.

"I like to think so... yes" She said with a smile.

"Then why did you never had something serious with anyone since we turned?"

"Because until now I never had that feeling, that you have when you truly love someone. You know, when you count even the seconds to see the person and the feeling that you just want to talk with that person all day and all night and you just want to be with the person no matter what..." She said with a small smile.

"I know the feeling but I don't believe that love is a good thing, it's just something that your enemy can use against you."

"Yes, but love is also the feeling that makes you truly happy..." Caroline said with a smile.

"I'm glad you didn't change much since we turned." Niklaus said and gave her a peck in the cheek, making her smile and then she gave him also a peck in his cheek, making him smirk, then he put his arm around her and pulled her closer to him.

"Promise me you'll always be here." Niklaus whispered, afraid to sound needy.

"I promise." She said and kissed his cheek, but then I had to ask. "What about Rebekah?"

"She will stay in her coffin." He said while getting up.

"But she didn't do anything wrong, Nik." Caroline said and Klaus just looked at her angry.

"I can't believe I actually believe in you. You just care about Rebekah, you didn't care about me. You're just like my siblings, you all just fear me, you don't care about him." Klaus said angrily

"Nik, we love you. We all care about you... I care about you and I'm not afraid of you." She said walking over to him, to be closer to him. "I came here to hear your side of the story and to ask you to get Rebekah out of the coffin."

"No, you just care about Rebekah getting out. Your probably stop seeing me as your friend since we turned but you stayed because you were afraid."

"How can you say that to me? I stayed with you because I love you and your siblings. You are the closest person that I have in my life." Caroline said. "I never left you because I love you. I'm sorry if you can't see it."

Caroline was about to walk away, when Niklaus grabbed her wrist, making her turn to see him.

"I love you too. I'm just..."

"I know" She said because she knew how hard it was for him to talk about his feelings and his fears, then she gave him a peck in the cheek and went to talk with Elijah to know how was Marcellus.