Recovery

Greece woke up, his head racing with pain. He couldn't tell where he was, but he certainly wasn't at home and he was definitely a lot older than he remembered. He got up and looked around. He saw a painting of a tree with two figures next to it. He walked out the door, cautious for he didn't know where he was. He was approached by a tall man with a mask on.
     "Well it's about time you woke up! I wasn't done with you!" The towering man sneered.
     "What?" He froze, unsure how to respond to the stranger.
     "What do you mean by what?"
     "I don't even know who you are. Where am I, and where are mom and Romano?" He was a little scared.
     Turkey stared at him, confused before realizing how hard he must have hit his head, "you've been living with me as a part of the Ottoman Empire for years. Your mom died. You really don't remember any of that?"
"Mom's dead? How? Where's Romano?" He stared to panic.
"I don't know, she got sick or something. Your brother's fine, he's living with Spain. How do you not remember any of this?"
"Where's Rome?" Greece knew that while Turkey was asking the right questions, he couldn't answer them. He didn't even know Turkey's name yet.
"Rome's dead too. Do you ever know who I am?"
Greece shook his head.

France stared at Greece, "you need to face your demons. Find a way to make amends with Rome, then find Turkey and talk to him about this. That was hundreds of years ago and I'm sure he's sorry. If you bottle up these problems you won't be able to recover. You can't expect an oil spill to clean itself. " France rubbed Greece's shoulder, and despite being younger than Greece, he felt like a great older brother giving great brotherly advice.
Greece drove home to find Turkey sitting on the porch. He got out of the car and walked up to Turkey. He needed to take France's advice and confront his demons.
"We're going to go see Romania." He stated before Turkey could say a word.
"Ok, but while we get there, you have to tell me what happened, got it?" Turkey sounded like a worried mother who's kids ate something they weren't supposed to.
Turkey asked lots of questions while he drove. Greece tried not to respond to most of the questions and the best reply he'd give were simple nods or shakes.
"Greece, you can't just disappear like that! You were gone for half a day, what if something happened to you?"
Greece scoffed, knowing that it wouldn't be too different from when he was a child or when Turkey smashed his head into a rock in a fit of rage and caused Greece to loose his memory. Turkey didn't care when Greece needed him most, so why now?

When they got there, Romania seemed fairly happy to see them.
"Hi you two! I'm guessing Greece still has nightmares?"
"Yeah, he's also been having anxiety attacks so, we need something that won't make the problems worse." Turkey replied.
"Well have I got great news for you then! I recently mastered a spell to put one person into another person's subconscious for a full day. It should definitely help."
Greece stared at Romania with concern, "so he'd be in my head for an entire day? Are you sure that would help?" He made sure to express as much concern as he could.
Turkey smiled, "Yeah! That's a perfect idea! I'd be able to personally help you and when I leave you'll be happy again."
Greece stared at Turkey and he saw emotion burn through the mask. Turkey truly wanted to help him, but why?
"Ok, but what if it doesn't work? And how will he communicate with me?" Greece gave in, wanting to get a good night's sleep but also wanting to forget all Turkey had done to him.
"I have a small pair of twin hand mirrors. You'll communicate through them, and after 24 hours, Turkey will be evicted from your head and be back here." Romania explained.
"Ok then. Get him in there." Greece sounded a little defeated, but knew it was for the better.

Turkey stood still as the world constructed itself around him. The sky was as black as night but the ground illuminated itself as if it were day time. All of the colors he could see were lightly saturated with blue. Turkey expected everything to be calm and peaceful, there were large cracks here and there with screams emitting from them. The cracks looked as if the world was a broken mirror, but inside the cracks Turkey could only see static. He walked around, each step felt weighed down and the ground felt grainy and sand liked. He walked on regardless, determined to find a way to make Greece's nightmares to go away. He was however confused as to why Greece's reality seemed to be so fragmented. The subconscious was how you perceived the word and all of those little thoughts you didn't even know you had. He held up the hand mirror.
     "Greece, what the hell dude?! Why is everything so warped?" He asked.
     Greece didn't respond but Turkey saw the reflection of his car's roof, so he immediately understood why Greece wasn't responding. He then realized that Greece's mind had a warped sense of time as well. He wondered if he'd be there much shorter than anticipated.
     He saw weird dog like creatures run up to him. Their eyes appeared to be gouged out and they didn't have fur. Their skin looked grotesque and bits of it were hanging off their flesh. He backed up in terror. They weren't slowing down and they were charging right at him. He realized that he had no weapons and started to worry. He calmed down though when he saw that they were without teeth. They jumped up on him and started nomming on him. He tried to fight them off but they evaporated before he could hit them. He stood in shock for a moment, unsure of what exactly happened. He eventually started walking again.
     He found a large building that spiraled upwards. He walked in, assuming it was important. He heard someone talking, and checked the mirror. He saw Greece and felt relieved.
     "Hey Turkey, how's everything going?" Greece looked dazed but startled.
     "Well, everything is warped like crazy, I was attacked by hairless wolves, and the house I'm in is shaped like an accordion that's been twisted."
     "Dogs? So everything I come in contact with will be warped... where are you?"
     "I'm in a house that shaped like a twisted accordion."
     "Well, I'm at home now. I kinda haven't slept in a little over a day, so goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow."
     "Goodnight, I love you." Turkey smiled and felt reassured that he'd only be here for a little bit longer.
     Greece didn't respond and put the mirror down.
     An hour after exploring the weird house, the ground began to feel goopy. Turkey touched a wall to see if it felt the same and sure enough, it did. He began to sink, and the ground got more watery by the second. Greece was dreaming.
     The ground suddenly collapsed underneath him. The water became sickly cold and burned Turkey to the touch. He saw a small child falling above him.
     "Greece?" He called out to the child.
     The child tried to speak but every time he opened his mouth he was encased in water.
     Turkey saw the ground and was horrified when he saw large heaps of glass. The water that fell like it was burning rain around them turned to soap. Turkey caught the child before they hit the ground, shielding him from the glass. For some reason though, the ground turned to a lake of soap and they were safe from the glass.