Ch. 15

MICA'S POV:

I push through the hard glass door, my backpack and heavy basketball bag trailing behind. My muscles feel like noodles they're so sore, and I'm eager to relax in my first class.

I arrived about 15 minutes early today, so I have plenty of time to pack my books in the cramped locker the school supplies for us, and to unload my heavy basketball bag into my varsity locker.

I sigh, dragging my basketball bag and chucking it onto the floor as I put my books in my regular locker. Not many people are here yet, thank god, so I can go as slow as I want without worrying about social interaction. And I look like shit today.

Once my books are tightly compacted into my locker and I've gathered what I need for first period, I head to the girls varsity locker room to put my basketball bag to rest. Once that too is accomplished, the bell rings and I take my time walking to first period.

I'm the first one in class, so I sit down and lean my head on the desk. Before I fell into a quick nap, I heard voices outside the door.

"I talked to him yesterday, and we're hanging out tonight. He was so excited to finally get me back, I could tell. But to make sure this goes well, I'm gonna offer him something no guy could resist."

It was Jessica.

I heard a few giggles after she spoke, and my ears perked to hear the rest.

"But Jess, your not even that into him, you told me so just the other day at the-"

"Shut up, Nina. That was a week ago, it only took me one to realize how gorgeous he is. I mean, look at those eyes, I can't believe I get to go out with-"

The bell cuts off the snobby girls conversation, and the name she said is unclear.

Nina spoke up,

"That's two minute, I'm going to Biology. Bye Jess, have fun on your date."

"Thanks boo!"

I hear jess say. I don't understand why people call each other boo, that's even worse than the lovey-dovey nickname shit all couples have. Bleh.

My mind argues with thoughts,

It just makes you feel more single, not being called boo or Mica-poo, or-

Shut the fuck up, mind, you're not helping anyone here.

Sorry..

Everyone stumbles into the room at one time, all avoiding the looming tardy that was to come. The teacher I have in this class is extremely strict about tardies, even if you're a second late.

The bell rings, and the teacher closes the door and begins class.

I lay my head down, and wait for it to be over.

I hate school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JASON'S POV:

This has already been a long day, and It's only second period.

I internally groan, regretting the countless hours of Xbox I played last night.

The only good thing about this day is my date with Jessica tonight, but even that doesn't appeal to me as much as it should.

I mean, she's hot and all, but she's a total bitch over little things. When we dated last year, I took her to Olive garden on our 5 month and she didn't get a boat of alfredo for our breadsticks and ran out crying and wouldn't talk to me for weeks, telling me that "I should've read her mind and gotten her the boat without asking"