Ch. 20

MICA'S POV:

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Girlfriend.

Not girl-space- friend, but girlfriend. As in, significant other. As in, what I've longed to be with Jason for 8 years.

Am I even ready?

I've never had a boyfriend, and I don't know why or how, but I feel like I'm cheating on Jason by possibly answering this with a yes.

We're not dating, but I really wanted Jason to be my first guy, and I feel like I'd be cheating on him.

But if that's true, then he's cheating on me, because he's with that whore Jessica again.

So, why can't I branch out, too?

I can get a guy.

Besides, I like Zach. He's kind, athletic, handsome, and extremely smart. So... what the hell, why not?

I'm gonna do this.

I'm gonna break my streak of single, simply by saying one word.

"Yes."

I hadn't realized that I'd taken a minute to answer until I noticed Zach starting to turn and walk away, head drooped low, but snapping up quickly at the mention.

His eyes bore into mine

"What'd you just say?"

I giggle,

"I said yes. I'll be your girlfriend Zach."

His smile grows, and he sprints over to me, hugging me tight.

I laugh and squeeze back.

"You were silent for like a minute, I thought that was a friendzone/rejection and I was really depressed there for a second!"

Zach laughs, his eyes gleaming into mine.

We look at each other for a few moments, him starting to lean in.

I am not ready for kissing, no way.

I turn my head and clear my throat,

"It's almost past my curfew, we should go."

He leans back, blushing and scratching his head awkwardly.

"Yeah ok, um, let's go."

A short while later I'm at home, laying on my bed.

What did I just get myself into?

Now that I think about it, do I really want to date Zach? Or did I just want to rid of my lonesome singleness? Either way this'll be good for me, I'll get free food and a distraction from Jason.

I mean, it's not like anyone's gonna care that we're dating. Besides Melanie, she's gonna flip. I should call her now.

*********

After a relaxing weekend, my phone buzzes and awakes me from my sleep.

I'm laying on my stomach, completely stretched over the bed. I inch my hand to my phone, grabbing it and checking the time.

5:02

WHAT THE HELL

FUCKING SHIT SCHOOL DOESN'T START TILL 8 WHAT THE HELL DO I DO WITH THIS TIME

Angrily, I swipe open my phone, searching for the source of my early rising.

*1 new message*

This better be the most fucking important thing in the world