Chapter 16 [1/2]

At the second day, most of people were gathering inside Academy hall. There was concert of orchestra group from School of Music.

Jeongyeon shifted on her chair, looking around. Everyone around her seemed to be hypnotized by the symphony. She sighed and looked back at the orchestra.

"Can you stop moving?" Momo said to Jeongyeon. "I can't enjoy the music. What's wrong?"

"I'm bored," Jeongyeon stated. She caught Momo's hand before the girl could slap her thigh. "I don't mean to be rude but this isn't my thing. It makes me sleepy." She shouldn't say that for Tzuyu pinched her thigh.

"Ow!"

"Quiet." Momo slapped Jeongyeon thigh before offering apologetic smile to a couple behind them. "Seriously guys."

"It's Tzuyu! not me," Jeongyeon said defensively but earned another glare from Momo and Tzuyu.

"I want to see Nayeon, you say she will sing. Where's she?"

"Patient. And yes she will, it says after double violin," Momo said, reading concert program in hand.

"Quiet guys, I like this song," Tzuyu shushed the chatting girls when Mrs. Bae as conductor raised her right hand.

Violin and cello groups started to play.

Jeongyeon looked back at stage. "I know this melody."

"It's Beethoven's Ode to joy," Tzuyu whispered. "We had learnt about it, you don't remember?"

Jeongyeon grinned.

"I'm still wondering why you past the exam," Tzuyu said.

Momo stifled a chuckle. She moved head slightly as bases, trumpets, horns and other group started to play. "Oh, I like this." She watched as Mrs. Bae raised her other hand and the choir group rose. She smiled, moving head as the choir sang the symphony.

Even Jeongyeon was astonished. "Oh man, that's awesome," she said. "I got goosebumps."

"Told you," Momo said. She wasn't really familiar with classical music before but after entering the Academy she learned not only modern music but also classical. And now she grew to like the genre.

They clapped their hands together with other audience as the symphony reached finale. Mrs. Bae then raised her left hand.

"It's Mark and Kei," Tzuyu said. "They will do double violin."

Momo smiled as her seniors stood up. She noticed Kei taking deep breath before placing violin on her shoulder. Mark did the same and they started to play. Luckily Tzuyu got front chair so they could see the performers clearly. She was amazed by their performance. Kei looked beautiful with the blue dress, and the way she played violin was elegant. She never knew that Kei played violin.

"Wow, they're amazing," Jeongyeon said.

"Yes." Tzuyu replied, still looking at her roommate. Mark looked different with the tux and violin. It changed her image of him.

Momo raised hands, applauding her seniors. Kei and Mark bowed and the clap increased. She just laughed when Jeongyeon let out a whistle. Mark noticed them and smiled a little. But Kei didn't notice them; she was looking over the audience. There was little disappointment on Kei's face as they sat back on their chairs. It made Momo wonder if Kei looked for someone.

"Next is Nayeon right?" Jeongyeon asked eagerly. "Finally."

"Yes," Tzuyu replied, glancing at Momo . They just shook their heads. She clapped as Nayeon and a boy from their school walked into stage.