Chapter 18 [1/2]

Earl grey was her favorite tea brand. There were many types of it but she liked the original one. Its bergamot scent and taste made her relax, particularly when she had something in mind.

Mina closed eyes, breathing in her fragrant beverage. She brought the china to lips and sipped the black-colored tea. She felt as the liquid warmed her throat and slowly her body. Putting back the cup on saucer she lifted eyelids up. Morning sunrays fell over empty formal garden below. No one there for now was half past six in the morning. This was a view she had seen for over two years. She liked this time when everything around was quiet. The time when she was the only one existed. She took another sip of her beverage and let out a breath.

"If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; if you are depressed, it will cheer you; and if you are excited it will calm you, said William Gladstone."

Mina pulled corners of lips up, sipping her tea. She held gaze on morning view from president office window.

"I'm not British but still glad such drink exists in this world," Sana said, approaching Mina. "You know, I've been wondering for years actually, what you're doing, seriously." She noticed small smile on Mina's lips and followed her gaze. "Standing here, almost every day, staring at what, a garden? Or..." She glanced at Mina. "You're expecting for someone's presence? Like a prince on white horse, or perhaps...a princess in boy clothes...?"

"Stop it." Mina turned to Sana. "What are you doing here? You're disturbing my time."

Sana chuckled, folding arms, looking back at outside view. "Sorry if I interrupt your daydreaming time." She heard small chuckle from Mina.

"Yes, you did," Mina said, emptying the cup, and taking deep breath.

"What happened?"

Her best friend once again made Mina smile. After all she could hide nothing from Sana. But she preferred to keep it for herself, for now.

"Nothing."

"You are avoiding him lately, I'm not blind to not notice it, well not only me everyone seems do. Besides there is rumor about you and Jimin. So, I don't see nothing here," Sana said. She turned to face Mina. "Tell me what happened, or I'll kick your butts." She nodded when Mina glanced at her. "I meant it."

"I know you won't." Mina smiled at the president girl. She pursed her lips, swallowing another deep breath. "I think...we won't make it," she said. When Sana was about to say something she added. "You knew it."

Sana unfolded her arms, looking back at the three schools buildings. "But it doesn't mean there's no chance. Who knows, you can't tell that."

"Thanks," Mina said, offering grateful smile.

"Oh my baby, don't be sad. Let mommy hug you."

"Stop it," Mina warned, moving aside as Sana tried to pull her into hug. "That's gross."

"Gross you said? You're clinging into that girl." Sana put hands on waist. "Should I wear pants too?" she teased the laughing girl. "Or maybe write a song. You are my sunshine..."

"It's sun." Mina laughed louder.

Sana joined in her best friend's laugh. She was relieved to see Mina laughing. She respected it if Mina decided to keep it for now. But she wouldn't let the girl face it alone. After all it was what best friends did.

-

Momo bit inner lip while glancing over dining room. Sound of chair legs against floor got her attention. She turned her gaze and saw Mina at president table.