June, 2013

"What can I get for you today?" The stranger said at the counter of Starbucks. I looked at him, it felt like that was the only thing I could do. His eyes held a mysterious gleam to them.
"Sir?" He asked.
"Oh. Um. Can I get a Grande Peppermint Mocha?"
"What's your name?"
"Tyler," I said, still staring at him.
He had a faint smile on his face.
I payed and waited.
"Tyler?" He smiled at me and handed me my drink.
"Thank you," I smiled back and walked out of the store.
I checked the name on the cup to see if he was able to spell it. It's not hard to spell at all, but you have no idea how messed up they can make it.
He got my name right, but he added something else. As cliché as it sounds, there was a number and a name.
Josh
I walked through the mall. Deciding what I wanted to do next. I couldn't think of anything but the red head from starbuck, Josh.
Every time I closed my eyes I saw his bright red hair and gleaming brown eyes.
Certainly I cant like this stranger. I don't know him. All I have is his name and number. What if he's straight? What if he just wants to be friends?
I sat down on a bench in middle of the mall. I looked at the number. I hesitantly entered his name and number into my phone. I won't text him..yet.
I don't want to come off as clingy already. It's been 15 minutes.
I looked at the time. It's already 5:00.
"Tyler, right?" I heard a somewhat familiar voice ask. I look up.
Josh
"Yeah, Josh, right?" I ask, I knew the answer though.
"Right" he smiled. He walked closer to me and sat down next to me.
"The craziest thing happened to me today," he smiled and looked at me.
He's acting like we've met before.
"I was working at my job. And this one really attractive person walked in," he continued on.
"They were staring at me, I couldn't help but stare at them," he smiled and looked forward.
"They ordered, I got their name. Surely I couldn't let them walk out without giving my number, right?" So giving out his number is a regular thing.
I knew someone has beautiful as Josh wouldn't be into someone like me.
"Even though I gave them my number, it wasn't enough. So after my shift I went out to find them. So I found you," he finished, the smile never leaving his face.
"I can help you find them if you want," I said.
Helping Josh would do me no good, but neither will sitting here mourning over the fact he doesn't feel the same about me.
"I already found them,"
What does he mean? Me? Am I the attractive person who walked in?
"M-me?" I feel so stupid. Why did I just stutter?
"Yes, you. I cant let a cute guy walk away without convincing him to go on a date with me," he smiled.
A date?
"Are you asking me out?" I smiled at the thought.
"Yup," his smile was so large, his eyes crinkled. It was honestly the cutest thing I've ever seen.
As much as I feel like screaming and dancing, I have to play it cool.
"Yeah sure," I shrugged. I couldn't keep the straight face. So a smile soon took over my face.
After talking for a few minutes we exchanged numbers and went our separate ways.
-
"Dude, that shit only happens in movies," Brendon said after I told him the story about Josh.
"I thought so too. Brendon you should have seen him! He was so hot," I said thinking but the red haired boy.
"I've got my eyes on someone else," he said getting up and walking to my kitchen. Most likely to raid my pantry.

New text message

Josh: This Friday. 7:30 work for you?

Tyler: Sounds good, see you then (AN sorry Madison;))

The feelings this boy gives me is unnatural. I've never felt this way about anyone. I've only known this guy for less then a day.
"What's got you all giddy?" I heard Brendon's voice.
"I'm going to go home and attempt to finish my summer reading. I don't want to be stuck with it at the end of summer like last year," Bren said before walking out the door, leaving me alone with my thoughts.
My thoughts that only consisted of the cute red head from Starbucks.