Encryption Database- Personnel File #0003: Cacie Cathleen Hines

Last Name: Hines
First Name: Cacie
Middle Name: Cathleen
Status: Deceased
Birth: August 26, 1987
Death: October 31, 2080
Personnel Number: #E7-01
Position(s): Encryption Line Officer
Related Personnel: Garry Wilson Hines (Atlis)
Notable Involvement: The Battle of New York (2025); The 2025 Squadron (2025); The Encryption Battle of Mexico (2030)

Bio: Cacie Cathleen Hines was born August 26, 1987. Cath grew up with her older brother, Garry Hines (Partner of Ezekiel Maxon), who was born four years before her. When she was nine, her brother was sent off to military school. After this, she began to mess with her brother's electronics and computers and quickly became interested. By the time she was 13, she was a proficient hacker and engineer. At 14, in an internet chat room deep in the internet, she began to speak to a boy with the username "Max." They hacked each other to find out they were hacking each other and instantly became friends. Eventually, they found that they actually lived in the same neighborhood and arranged a meeting. Little did she know, "Max" was actually Carter Alexander Maxon, younger brother of her brother's best friend, Ezekiel.

When they were 15, their chat room was hacked by an unknown person at a nearby internet cafe. Cath and Carter tracked the hacker down to confirm them. There they found orphan Samantha Branan West. The group talked for a while and became friends. Cath brought Sam home and her compassionate parents took her in, fostering the 15 year old until she became an adult.

At this time, Cath and Carter's siblings had escaped their training at an terrorist military academy and had been enlisted into Atlis. The Hines and Maxon families were devastated when their sons never came home. The military academy sent a fake letter saying there had been an accident and the boys had died.

Cath and Carter did not believe it and went searching and hacking. They found the boys had gone missing, and the incident report mentioned "flying away in helicopter." Cath tracked all flights around the Tennessee area where she found the boys had been transferred and found a helicopter had landed at an Atlis base. She hacked and found that they had been enlisted into Atlis.

They reconnected with their siblings, and Garry created an organization within Atlis for the three called Encryption. This group was to protect the computers and software with delicate information on them that Atlis had. In 2018, Atlis and Encryption were attacked. Both New York headquarters were destroyed, and the team escaped to their submarine at the southern tip of South America.

Tyler Cooper was sent in search of them when Atlis took back the strategic Fort Eagle in 2025. He brought them back and the team back to assist with the invasion of New York. At 38, Cath and the team infiltrated and made the way for the invading Atlis. During the battle, her brother was revealed to be part of Scorpion, and she ended up accidentally killing him.

Afterwards, she married and began to settle down into Carter called her back in 2030 to Mexico City, Mexico, where a Scorpion remnant held the final Atlis Data Center. Cath, Carter, and Sam, along with some Atlis soldiers under the Encryption name, attacked Mexico City at the Encryption Battle of Mexico. The mission was successful, and data center was recovered.

Cath officially retired in 2037 at the age of 54. She would live on till 2080, leaving behind one child. She is most remembered for her service in the 2025 Squadron and for being one of the greatest technological minds the world ever saw.