Personnel File #592019: Robert Nicolas Jones

Last Name: Jones
First Name: Robert
Middle Name: Nicolas
Status: Deceased
Birth: July 1, 2407
Death: January 4, 2477
Personnel Number: #2425-767AE3-B
Position(s): Off-Earth Navy Captain of Atlis Military Fleet Ship The Valkyrie II (Commonly referred to as The Valkyrie); Emperor of the Atlis Empire; Commander of the Atlis Military Corporation; Commander of Atlis Naval Forces
Related Personnel: None
Notable Involvement: Atlis-Macedonian War (2445-2447/Fought with the Macedonians as a distinguished general); A-Day Attack (2447); Atlis-Thim War (2447-2455); Battle of Falling Fire (2449); Battle of Mars (2452); Battle of Macedonia (2455); Battle of Luna Nova (2461); Second Atlis-Thim War (2461-2477)

Bio: Robert Nicolas Jones is one of the most remembered men in the history of Atlis. Jones was born in Athens, Venice Province, Macedon, Macedonian Empire. He was 38 and a general in the Macedonian Army when Atlis declared war on his home. Growing up in the capital city of the empire, he held great pride for his empire. He fought valiantly for his empire until it began to cripple. That was when first contact was made.

Jones stated in his private journal that he watched First Contact on TV. He held his breath as the probe entered the domain of Them. Later the Them became referred to as the Thim. This group of extraterrestrials would change the course of the war. October 24, 2447, A-Day, was the end of one war and the beginning of another. The Thim launched a series of attacks on the Macedonian Empire. Jones escaped, piloting a ship he had never flown, into the Second Congressional Ring of the Atlis Empire. In December, he was drafted into the army. Jones showed his marks and was placed in the Off-Earth Navy as Captain of the Valkyrie II. 

April 4, 2449, only a month after the Battle of Falling Fire, a group of Thim sympathizers attacked the Imperial Palace, where a meeting was being held. Most heads of military and government, including the emperor, were killed. Next in line, was Jones, who became emperor that evening. On April 7, Emperor Jones made a drastic decision to dissolve the Atlis Congress, Atlis Commander, and Atlis Commander of Naval Affairs. He made himself supreme power over all decision making in the empire.

As the Thim pushed deeper into the crippling empire, Emperor Jones made tough decisions that changed the course of the war. Jones never stepped foot into his Imperial Palace. His entire rule over the course of the war was aboard the Valkyrie II. He made the key turn in the war at the Battle of Mars when he surprised the oncoming Thim Fleet, forcing them into retreat. The final push of the Atlis-Thim War, the Battle of Macedonia, defeated the fleet and sent many hurrying into deep space, reclaiming his home world for the empire. Emperor Jones was 48 when the war came to a close, but he decided to continue his rule to keep the empire intact.

From 2455 to 2461, the empire experienced what many call Jones's Peace or The Six Years of Peace. Many wanted to pursue the crippled Thim into space and defeat them, but Jones calmed them. On the verge of his retirement in 2461, the Thim struck again at the Second Ring planet Casiom's moon, Luna Nova. This outpost was the main trading hub of the empire caused serious hurt to the empire's economy. Atlis declared a Second Atlis-Thim War. Emperor Jones retook the helm of the Valkyrie II. 

On January 4, 2477, in the year before Atlis would be defeated, at the Battle of Last Light, Jones ran the Valkyrie II into the side of a Thim ship to save his fleet. He ordered a ship wide evacuation, but the crew was so devoted that all stayed aboard as the ship was ripped apart. Jones would be a respected hero to those refugees who were overtaken by the alien species. He is the most remembered and honored of any Atlis personnel to ever serve from 1949 to 2478. 

His quote was the battle cry of those who attempted to fight till the end: "Never falter! Never quake! We are human! We are Atlis! We are one!"