Chapter 3- Life Heats Up, Or Does It Cool

The next week had gone by without much notice, a funeral, dinner, waking up, going throughout the day, going to sleep, repeat. Emma wanted me to get death off my mind so she asked me to go ice skating with her and her friends. After days of her begging me to I finally gave in and told her i'd go.

A few days Later

"Um, so Colten there's one thing, I don't actually know how to skate."

"Are you serious, all this time begging me to go and you don't actually know how to?"

"I wanted you to come and have fun, I knew you liked to ice skate so I asked you"

"......I know where this is going," I sigh, "I'll teach you"

"Thank You!" Emma exclaims as she pulls me into an embrace and quickly pulls back with her cheeks flushed red over her pale tone.

We both go back to our room's and I lay there processing what had happened. She never cared much for hugging and when she did I never saw her embarrassed about it. Her face light up, her face with its pale edges covered by her snow white hair, I had never noticed how beautiful she looked. My mind raced with thoughts. No. This is my best friends sister, I can't think of her like this. We grew up so close together, she just hugged me because she thinks of me as her family.

In the room down the hall Emma lays texting her friend Megan.

Emma- "Megan, you know how i've been trying to get close to Colten"

Megan- "Yeah, why"

Emma- "Well, I might of just hugged him, not like how I would hug Ty or someone, but like I would to someone i'm in love with"

Megan- "OMG, what did he do about it"

Emma- "He just stood there, and I pulled back and embarrassed myself to the point I couldn't say anything."

Megan- "Oh"

Emma- "Yeah, well i'm going to go hide under my blanket till I fall asleep."

Megan- "Don't worry, he'll come around to it, Night."