Chapter 4- Risking Everything

The day started out as all of the others had started, nothing special. Except for one thing, Emma had grown close to me in the past week. This morning I awake to the smell of coffee, "I didn't know they like coffee" I think to myself. I walk down the stairs and see Emma by the stove moving bacon and toast over to two plates, "Where is everyone else." I walk into the kitchen as she catches sight of me as I take a seat at the table.

"Mom had to take Ty the school to retake the tests he missed last week, mom didn't think you were in any shape to take them so she let you sleep."

"Oh, so what made you decide you were going to cook us breakfast"

"I'm not sure, I figured if you're anything like Ty then you'd want something to eat."

"You thought correct. Thank you for letting me come along with you and your friends today, I would of probably just laid around all day doing nothing."

"No problem"

I couldn't keep my mind off of her. She looked beautiful standing there talking to me smiling, the early morning sunlight reflecting off of her messy morning hair making it look like a golden hue that of honey. We ate our breakfast while having friendly conversation, she got up to take our plates to the sink, till all the sudden she ask me a question I hadn't thought of till recently.

"Do you like anyone Colten?"

I took my chances "Um actually yeah, she's kind of really beautiful."

"Oh, whats she like" Emma replied, noticeably saddened

"She's beautiful, smart, funny. But the one thing I like about her the most is that she is kind to people like me. There's something about her that makes her stand out against everyone else, her hair is as white a pearl."

At that last comment that I added I saw her face light up like a firework bursting with excitement as I grinned at her, knowing what was coming.

"Me?!"

"Of course who else could I describe like that."

She ran over to me with outstretched arms to hug me, causing me to lose balance and fall. We had both been waiting for this moment for weeks, both wanting to go up to the other and do whatever our heart desired to do. Now it was happening. I grabbed her hand as we got off the floor and headed to the couch to lay down. We layed there for a good hour just snuggling up to each other watching television, till she turned around and whispered in my ear, kiss me. The rest of the hour went by fast, that is, until her friends called to tell us that they were on their way now. She jumped up.

"I'm not even dressed, i'm still in pajamas, I can't skate in these!"

'Technically you can but it'd be a little cold, and you know what happens when people get cold, especially without a bra on"

"Yeah yeah yeah, you're so upset that i'm not wearing one aren't you."

"Hey, I can't complain now can I." I say as I stand up and pulled her into a hug, kissing her.