Chapter 1

Maya p.o.v.

I woke up dreary and went to the bathroom. I was looking for my makeup bag under the sink. My makeup was nothing exaggerated it was foundation, 2 coats of mascara since my eyelashes were long, dark, and curly, and blush. I don't like to wear much lip products. My hair complimented my eyes. My eyes are green and my hair is a dark brown. I curled my hair after I put on my makeup. I went to my room to look for my necklace.

"Where is that damn necklace?""Mom do you know where my necklace is?" I said trying not to sound worried. "You won't be needing it anymore,"Mom said with a full on smile. "Mom what are you talking about; it's the necklace you gave me for my 13th birthday. It's too important to lose."I said as if my mom didn't recognize how important it was. "I meant you won't be needing it because I got you a different one."

"Mom, I know it's my 16th birthday, but you didn't have to get me anything."
"I did have to get you something because you're the best daughter I could have hoped for." I smiled at what my mom had just told me."I served you breakfast it's on the table; you can get a glass of water." I headed to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. My mom had made me pancakes with strawberries on top (my favorite).

I got the glass cup and dumped water into it. I turned around and I bumped the glass of water enough for it to fall. I shot out my hand to grab it but the glass was already on the floor and the water was FLOATING?!!?

I couldn't look away. I dropped my hand and the water fell to the floor.