Chapter 2

Seraphine P.O.V.

  "Where is that goddamn curler?"I muttered under my breath. It's my birthday and I'm sure as hell not going to school with my hair straight.
I searched the cabinet under my bathroom sink. I found it in the corner next to my toothbrush and straightner.

  "FINALLY" I exhaled a breath of relief. I started to work on my hair and makeup. I would say I didnt wear much makeup ,but girls at my school would say otherwise.I wore foundation, concealer, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara and a matte red lipstick. My lashes are short so I need a couple of coats to get them long enough to compare to boys who have long lashes, but all those coats get my lashes clumpy. "Damn my short lashes." My parents were always asleep in the morning, so I always make my own breakfast. I was wearing a white button down shirt with a black skirt and my black flats with my vintage brown backpack. It was too small to be a backpack, but I thought it looked cute.

  I went into the kitchen to find that my whole family was there with a birthday cake in my mom's hand. I could see each and every candle on the cake (total was 16). "Happy Birthday Seraphina,"her little brother said with eager in his voice. "Thanks Max," I said knowing how much he cared for me. My Mom, Dad, and Max sang to me and I listened till the end. "Make a wish,"Mom said. I closed my eyes and thought of a wish. When I couldn't think of anything I opened my eyes. The flame of the candles started to get bigger and bigger. I screamed in surprise and my dad started to look for something-anything- that would put the fire out, but when he came back the flames got shorter until there was nothing left but the burned candles on the cake that was now a bronze colored looking cake. I looked up to see my mom and dad staring at the cake in surprise.