Chapter 4

Alizeh P.O.V.

  I have always loved mornings and nights. The wind and darkness outside is peaceful. The wind against my skin and my hair flowing behind me. I have pale blond hair and blue eyes. I always disliked that my skin was pale. Why couldn't I be more tan? Today's my birthday and the only thing I want is to go on the hill a little beyond my house and climb it. I had known that hill since I was a kid. At the very top, there was a tree with beautiful green leaves. They would pass by me as the wind took them with it.

  I started shrugging on a jacket and some jeans and headed for the door. I made my way to the top of the hill. My best friend was waiting for" me there. Maggie. "Hey," she said as I aproached her."Happy Birthday." "Thanks,"I said in a tire voice. "What's wrong?" Maggie said. "I dunno, I guess I'm just tired." "Isn't everybody?" I sat down next to her. She was wearing a green skirt with a yellow shirt. "I've always loved this tree." I said."I know, Alizeh," she said. "That's why I knew you'd be here." Maggie said. "I wanted to give you this." Maggie said as she held up a bracelet. "I got one for me too. As long as we both have them, you know that I'm always there for you." "Thankyou" I said deeply touched.

  I gave her a quick hug and put the bracelet on. It was silver and it had charms all over it. " I should go my mom is probably waiting for me to go to school." "Bye Maggie ," I waved. As I waved wind came rushing and almost all the leaves from the tree had fallen leaving the tree empty.