Chapter 5

Maya's P.O.V.

Seraphine and I have always been best friends although she is more outgoing. While I am not outgoing, I am not shy either. My grades have always been A's, but seraphine not so much.... I don't know how I ended up being best friends with her because she was one of the most popular girls in school. She had a crush on a cute senior whose name was Josh and she certainly wasn't very subtle about it. She had done everything she could to make him like her.

***********************************

"Hey, Maya," sera said. "Hey," I said. She caught up with me. "So you're going to my party right?"she said as we walked to history. I had totally forgotten about her party. We found each other because we had the same birthday and we would always spend it together. This year we were going to spend it at her party. "Yeah," I said hoping she wouldn't detect that I had forgotten to tell my mom. I always thought Seraphine was beautiful with her black hair and black eyes. No wonder all the boys liked her. Meanwhile , my last crush was in 7th grade. "Great," she said breaking me out of my trance.

***********************************
Flora P.O.V.

Since my mom couldn't afford anything expensive for me, she told me to go to Seraphine's party. I didn't know Seraphine, but she said everyone was invited. The party started at 7:00p.m. , so I needed to start getting ready. My mom bought me a green dress that flowed down to my knees. I put on little makeup for special occasions; I don't like makeup much. Mom is going to drive me to Seraphine's birthday party. Honestly, I didn't want to come, but it's a big deal for my mom."Honey, you ready?" Mom asked. "Yeah," I said as I headed toward the car. "You look beautiful, honey," "Thanks," I said.

***********************************
Alizeh P.O.V.

My best friend, Maggie, is forcing me to go to Seraphine's party. So, I can't do anything about it. (She's very bossy) Right then my cellphone rings. "Hey, you getting ready for the party?" Maggie asked me. "Actually I'm already finished." I said. "Great, what are you wearing?" "White dress; mom bought for me."I said. "I'll pick you up." Maggie said to me. "Kay, I'll be waiting for you."