New Beginning.

Aelia looked around the house. She was done with the chores. Serving herself with some left over  lasagne, and killed time  watching some stupid reality show.  But those blabbering celebrities had their limits. Placing her hands on the back of the couch in the living room, she let out a groan of boredom.

She knew that if she used the landline, no one would know. She had the  kind of friends she could count on for having a good time.  And then it hit her. The lazy gave her enough trouble, and it was time to get her back. Even though she’d never know, the satisfaction of eavesdropping was something even the most pious people couldn’t resist. Aelia could feel her rather mischievous side overcome her good one.

She pressed in the voicemail code, and started going through the messages. The first few  messages were from the boring lady friends Lazy had, but it was one of the messages from Rosie’s friend Kolla, that shook her from the very root. The message went something like this.

‘Hey Rosie, I’m waiting for the dresses. Your mum’s vintage ones are totally worth the sterling. And what about that maid of yours? The one your mum raised for free? You can just put her for foster care, you know. and we could then host huge parties without caring for the services. Anyways whatevs. See ya.’

And the message ended. Aelia’s hands were trembling. No one did that to their own mother. Especially a mother as good as that. She threw down the receiver, got up and packed up her things. How could Lazy sell her mum’s things for a little money? She wasn’t going to stay here, in a place where she was called maid, and where even family wasn’t valued.

Slamming the door, she started walking away from that house. But before she did so, Aelia took the keys to the house doors, both the front and the back, locked them, and threw that bunch with as much force as she could. But before she saw the interior of the house for the last time, it wasn’t unnatural for her to take a memento of her beloved grandma before she left, and what she took was her grandma’s necklace, something that would have no commercial value. The old bronze necklace had a square medallion shaped charm suspended on it. It was something her grandma never took off, and Aelia was determined to protect it, after all, it was given to grandma by her one true love, a man she couldn’t marry, a mistake she had always seen her grandma regret.

She walked on with a blank mind, and when she did reach a wider road, she couldn’t breathe. She was struggling to draw in air into her lungs. She couldn’t keep standing. Her knees gave in, and she collapsed on the ground, trying to breathe.

‘Want a good time, sweetheart?’ a voice spoke behind her.

Aelia looked behind her to see a tattooed man with a russian accent. He was huge and muscular, and scary and it was clear he was not going to let her go easy. ‘C’mon, lemme take you home.’ he smirked, taking steps towards her.

Aelia’s anger shot up. She felt the anger rush through her veins, her fingers seizing power from the anger. Aelia rose, trembling.  She felt the moment seize her. The autumn leaves were being blown away. The wind around her was blowing like a tornado, in circular motion, with brutal force.

The sixteen year old couldn’t feel herself, yet she felt herself more clearly than ever. She had to vent out her anger, and that man was her target. She got control of all of her unexpected strength, controlling the wind, and sent that all the thrust towards the man.

One moment, she had limitless strength, not aware of what was happening around her, and the next, she was back to herself, drained of strength yet feeling invigorated. She heard a loud whacking sound, and noticed the unconscious man, covered under a pile of dried autumn leaves.

Aelia was so scared, but despite that, holding her backpack close to her chest, she approached the man, to make sure he was breathing. Placing her hand in front of his nares, she had an affirmative answer. her conscience didn’t allow her to leave that man in the middle of a towpath, and so, pulling the guy, who seemed to weight as much as an elephant, by gripping his hands,  she place him under a tree. Her back hurt from the bending, and all she wanted to do was sit, maybe fall asleep but she knew she couldn’t stay.

 She started running again, and didn’t stop until she reached the highway and hired a cab. What did she just do? Aelia herself had no answer.  But she was in a haze of fatigue, and she woke up from her nap when the cab driver woke her up in front of a reasonable looking motel.

She had little idea that the money that she saved wasn’t sufficient for her to survive in urban london, and so she set out again, on foot  this time, looking for a cheaper hotel that catered to her amount of resources, in ambition to get some sleep before she thought of anything else.

The girl kept walking until the break of dawn, when a man came out of nowhere in front of her, and told her, ‘Ma’am, you are wearing your ring in the wrong finger.’