bedtime, baby girl

7

7. putting your girl to bed, calum?

"Calum?" she whispers into the dark room.

I locate the sound, my eyes adjusting to the dark. "Yeah?"

She doesn't say anything, but I can hear her bare feet against the floor; the sound of her footsteps comes closer towards me.

"What's wrong?" I ask, pushing myself up onto a sitting position on the couch.

"I can't sleep."

I reach my hand out, wanting her to sit down next to me.

Instead, she pulls my hand to make me stand up.

Her body is so close to mine.

"Do you wanna–"

Before I can finish the sentence, her arms have come around me in a tight embrace. It's almost as if she's trying to silence me.

It's working.

For a moment I forget all about the questions I want to ask her. Instead, my focus is purely on her sweet smell and the way her fingertips are lightly touching my bare skin.

I like the feel of her body pressed against mine. Her hair tickles my chest as she moves her head.

"Please stay in my bed?"

The question makes my heart beat faster. "You sure?"

She just nods her head, and I press a quick kiss to her forehead.

"Bedtime, baby girl."

Without the alcohol in my bloodstream, I'm more nervous than I've ever been. Her hand is gently holding onto mine as she guides me into her bedroom.

Can she feel how sweaty my palm is?

I want to wipe it off somewhere. But at the same time, I don't want to let go of her.

💟 💟 💟