Chapter Seventeen

Status: 6 months pregnant

     I take the customer's order. Okay, one latte. I walk over to the machine and quickly fulfill his order. I hand the customer his coffee and bid him a good day. I sit down on the chair they let me have back here after seeing to the last customer of the day. Being pregnant is hard! I will never underestimate a pregnant woman and her hardships again.

    I drag myself out of the chair to clean up and turn the 'Open' sign to 'Closed'. I walk over to the door and look out the window. Not seeing anyone, I proceed to change the sign. I hesitate when I hear voices.  "Hey Niall! You want coffee? This place is still open." My mouth goes dry and my breathing quickens. I rush behind the counter as the bell on the door rings, signaling that someone has arrived.

 "Hello?" a voice calls. I rise from behind the counter slowly, dreading my fate. I look up and let out a relieved sigh. How could I be so stupid. There are many Nialls in the world. I put on my best smile. "Hello, what can I get you?" The Niall, who isn't my Niall, er... isn't the Niall from One Direction, smiles back and him and his friend order coffees. "That will be right up." I say. The two boys go and sit down in a booth. 

 While I turn on the machine, I feel eyes on my back. I turn around to see Not-One-Direction-Niall and his friend staring at me. "Can I help you with something?" I ask. "You look a lot like that missing girl." Niall's friend tells me. What? "Yeah, it was, um, Ashlyn?" Niall says. I force out a laugh. I knew my mother would try something like this. "Uh, I've been getting that a lot lately." I say and put their drinks on the counter. "Come again." I say quickly, grabbing my purse. The two boys leave.

 I quickly change the 'Open' sign to 'Closed' and lock up. I walk at a brisk pace to the nearest pharmacy. Time to change my appearance. 

Author's Note: This is a filler chapter. Sorry:( I just wanted you guys to see how afraid she is of seeing Niall again. Comment!!!!!!