Chapter Twenty Nine

Regular Point of View

 Weeks Later

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  "Okay, once more from the top." I say. Suddenly, there is a knock on the door. The boys look to me. "Hold on a second." I tell them.

 I walk over to the door. There, a man stands while holding a very grumpy looking Lizette. She looks up and gives him a mean look. "Are you Alice?" He asks. I slowly nod my head. "Your grandmother dropped off your daughter, she said something about needing to hit some balls?" I swallow the knot in my throat and then roll my eyes and take Liz from him. Gran and her tennis is going to get me caught!

  I thank the man and shut the door. My eyes flicker back to the boys. They are staring at us. "Who's this?" Liam asks. "Ummm... This is my.... Niece." I say quickly. They seem to believe it. Niall is still staring at her creepily though.

  Liz puts head on my shoulder. "Mummy! Mummy!" She sings. The boys eyes widen and I start to nervously laugh. "How about we get back to work?" I ask hopefully. "Alice, you don't have to lie to us, we won't judge you." Louis says softly.

 I sigh. "She's my daughter. Her name is Lizette." I stroke her soft curls and she buries her head into my neck. "Can we meet her?" Zayn asks. I nod and they swarm her. She cowers into me.

  "She's so cute!" Harry exclaims. Harry tries to get her to look at him with no avail. Next Louis tries, then Zayn, then Liam. I guess Lizette is shy?

 Niall scoots closer and tries to get her to notice him. "Lizzy." He whispers.  She pokes her head out from my neck and moves into Niall's arms. "Hi." She says quietly. Liz gives him a big hug and Harry pouts. "That's not fair..." He mumbles.

 "Who's the father?" Liam asks. His eyes widen a little. "Sorry! You don't have to tell if you don't want to." I give him a small smile. My eyes flicker to Lizette and Niall. "Um, he... Left us. Just before Liz was born." I tell him.  Liam gives me a sympathetic smile and I look back to Niall and Liz, who are now playing patty cake. One of them is failing miserably. Yep, you guessed it, Niall.