Bonus Chapter 2

***a/n

Hey guys, this ones kinda short but here it is. Do you like hearing the other characters perspectives? -K

Angelina -years later

Asher taught me how to use a gun as soon as he thought I was responsible.

He taught me how to punch, to kick. Hide and defend.

"My little superhero. My Angel." Gentle words from a rough man.

We went to the movies sometimes. Our favorite movie was The Little Mermaid. It brought back memories for both of us.

I watched him mourn for Autumn. It broke me when I caught him crying.

"Go to bed, baby. It's late." Asher's head was in his hands and he sat on the couch, his voice raw.

I knew he wanted to be strong for me. I silently crept away.

It kept happening. When he thought I wasn't watching. He stared longingly, removed from this world, sometimes. I'd hug him and he'd look at me, his eyes glittering with pain.

"You're my miracle. My little hero. Be strong, Angel."

I tried, for him. It hurt me too, because I couldn't help. All I could do was distract him.

When I was older it got kind of confusing. I was young enough to almost be his little sister. But I think to him I was closer.

He was brushing my long black hair one night, and leaned down to kiss me on the top of my head. It was late. I tried to rub the sleepiness out of my eyes. I let out a huge yawn and Asher chuckled, patting me on the back and setting the comb down. "Night Princess."

"Night Dad."

I froze, realizing a second later what I'd said.

A strangling noise came out of Asher's throat.

I leapt up to hug him. "Asher! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-"

"Princess. My hero. My Angel. Please don't be sorry," Asher said, his voice soft. "You can call me that anytime."

I hugged him hard, and looked into his face for regret or anger. I was only met with a soft, sad smile. Tears glistened in his eyes. Asher ran a hand over his face and patted me on the head. "Now. Go get some sleep."

I scurried into bed and pulled the blankets up to my chin.

Dad.

Dad.

The word replayed in my head, over and over. And I couldn't help but think, what if Autumn was here.

Mom.