chapter three

"Target incoming, folks! Target incoming!" 

At Wonho's words, the group scrambled to seat themselves on the couch. "Really, Wonho? You too?" Hyungwon glared jokingly at the aforementioned male. 

"Alright, Agent Jooheon, you're up. You know what to do." Kihyun whispered harshly, just as the front door opened.

"Changkyun!" Jooheon greeted enthusiastically, rushing over to engulf the maknae in a tight hug.

"Jooheon!" The younger rapper replied just as excitedly as he returned the embrace.

"It's a littleee late, don't you think?"

Changkyun winced. "Yeah, sorry. I lost track of time at Byunghwa's."

"What were you doing there?" Jooheon asked innocently. Mission: Find out what Changkyun was doing at Byunghwa's place.

The younger rapper shot him a look. "Talking. The usual." Catching sight of the five other members huddled together on the small couch, he raised an eyebrow. "Did you guys... stay up for me?"

Wonho coughed. "In your dreams, Changkyun. We were... having quality couch bonding time." 

Kihyun shot him a look, before darting closer to the group. "Agent Jooheon needs back up, Agent Minhyuk you're on." He whispered.

Minhyuk nodded, a determined look on his face. He stood up, pretending to stretch his back as he lazily stalked over towards the rappers at the door. "Is Byunghwa okay? You mentioned he was... crying?" The vocalist asked as casually as he could, while closing the door shut.

Kihyun glanced over at the other members, his eyebrows almost shooting up to his hairline. Minhyuk was good.

Changkyun sighed. "That's the thing, they wouldn't tell me anything. I tried asking, but they all brushed it off - come on, Byunghwa never cries, something is obviously up. But they seemed really keen on keeping it a secret, whatever it was, so I let it go."

Oh, Kihyun grinned. So nothing happened last night. They still had plenty of time to make Operation Get Fucked a success.

Minhyuk hummed in response. Discreetly glancing over at Kihyun, who nodded in approval, he hastily changed the subject. "Come on, go get ready for bed. We have a fan sign tomorrow."

Ushering the youngest male towards the bathroom, he looked over at the members and winked. 

Mission accomplished.

-

Changkyun woke up to a vacant room - which was weird. Hyungwon never woke up earlier than him. He quickly got ready for the day, and headed down to the dining area where everyone was seated. He couldn't help but to notice that whatever conversation they were having died instantly once he arrived. That hurt a little. What were they discussing about that he couldn't know of?