Chapter 3

"Mom, I'm going out to supper with Dorrian!" I called out from upstairs , to my mom doing laundry downstairs. "Alright, not out past midnight!" Was my shouted answer . "Kay!" I retorted, shutting the door behind me. Dorrian's new blue Chevrolet was waiting in the driveway for me. He stepped out, holding a beautiful purple Lilly in his hand. "Here," He handed it to me, taking my hand as I took the flower, and pulling me close. I giggled. "Thanks," I managed to utter before he kissed me. We let go of each other, and walked to each side of the car. I stepped in, kicking the dirt off my flats. I closed the door, just as Dorrian closed his. He looked at me and smiled. "You look lovely." He told me, serious. I felt my cheeks get hot. My face was for sure red. "Thank you," I said for the second time in five minutes. He nodded and turned the car on, Dubstep filling the air. He turned it down so we could still talk, and he backed out of the driveway. I looked out my window. I usually did when I went for car rides, it was automatic. "So, where would you like to go?" He asked me casually. I semi- shrugged. "not sure, why don't you pick this time?" I told him, considering I usually picked. He faked a gasp. "Let, ME pick?" He said adding emphasis to the "me". I nodded . "Yeaaaa." I said dryly. He laughed, and I smirked along. "Ok, let's go to... Montanna's. Grill and Bar?" He said making sure it was ok. "ok, that sounds good." I agreed. He turned the corner and we were already in town.

It was about three weeks after my fathers funeral. Me and Dorrian were going out again, and Mariah and I hooked up to go for lunch every now and then. Even after her little encounter with me and the funeral. She explained it was her crazy twin sister Casey, which I met. She is crazy. My mom's painting where already looking so professional. Dorrian taught me about photography, and he bought me a camera last week.

"Hey, earth to Cassi..." I heard Dorrian snicker. I turned and faced him to see his face, his door half open and his face looking humoresque by my zone out. I groaned, it's not the first time I've done that to him. "Sorry," I mumbled as we got out of his truck. He came over to my side and took my hand in his, as we walked to the entrance of the restoraunt. I looked at him. He looked... Perfect. I had missed him when we weren't together. He caught me staring and laughed. I didn't say anything, I only continued to look away. We stepped into the Bar, and he directed me to sit at the Bar station. We headed that way and found seats near the cocktail pit. There were two men playing pool beside our table, and they were deep in concentration. Dorrian called a waitress over and she immediately ran over. "Hello, how can I help you guys?" She politely asked us. I was impressed. For someone who worked at a Bar and dressed like a slut she was well mannered. "Yes, could we get drinks to start?" Dorrian asked her. She nodded and started to bite her pencil tip. Dorrian raised a eyebrow, and glanced at his menu. I'll just have a... Pepsi." He told her. She jotted it down on her paper pad. "And you?" She asked me just as politely. "I'll just take a water," I told her briskly. She nodded, wrote it down and walked to the bar table. She picked up our drinks and dragged them back to our table. "Thank you," Dorrian thanked her. She smiled and continued her job at another table. "So, have you ever been here?" Dorrian asked me. I thought a bit. "Pretty sure I have come here with my mom." I replied to his question. "Ah, I see." He mused. I looked at the people beside our table,playing pool. "They look like their having fun." I suddenly told him. He whipped his head to the side to look at them. "Nah, pool is boring." He muttered. I shrugged. "Doesn't look like it." The two guys gave high fives to each other, taking each a gulp of beer. I twirled my hair between my fingers. They went back to their pool game. "If you'd like, we could play." He offered, holding his hand out. I took it and we both got up to go play. "Excuse me, men. Could you spare 10 minutes for me and this lady to play a round?" Dorrian demanded the guys to leave. The men laughed and then glared at me. "Oh really?" the one man said disgusted. I frowned just as Dorrian did. "Problem?" Dorrian asked. The man nodded. "Were in the middle of a game," He retorted. "Of course you can finish your game, im not asking you guys to give it to us right away, sir." Dorrian fused out a apology. The other man folded his arms over his chest and growled. "You guys can go now,"

I stepped up. "No, well eat and watch you guys at the same time it's alright." I tried my hardest to sound tough. Dorrian grabbed my shoulder and attempted to pull me back but failed. I stood my ground against these assholes. The man glared into my eyes so hard, I swear he burned a hole into my head. "Listen miss, don't cause us any trouble." He huffed. "Oh, like you'll hurt me." I smirked. He pulled closer to me, and I swear I felt his breath on my cheeks. I winced, it was tense. Dorrian tried again to pull me back but I slipped my shoulder away. He jerked his hand around my wrist, and slid beside me. "Cassi..." He whispered. "Don't," He continued. "These guys may be jerks but we should just leave them alone. Well wait for them to finish." He stopped. The man stepped In front of Dorrian, his friend gone. It was two against one but we still didn't stand a chance if he decided to throw a punch at one of us. He grabbed Dorrian's shirt collar, spitting in his face while he spoke. "You think you can insult me and get away with it?" He spat. Obviously Dorrian spit out one his smart ass comments. They weren't ever useful. The bar door slammed open, and in came my sister Annabelle, just out of nowhere. "Billy, what the hell do you think your doing?"