Chapter 13

Candy

I grabbed the $7, 000 that Harlem's been promising me for weeks out of his hands and stuffed it into my small, black purse. "So what's the plan, Harlem? I mean, I dumped Effrin weeks ago and you still ain't do nothing. I thought you had something going on," I said to him. I sat down on his couch across from where he was sitting.

He rested his elbows on his knees and sighed. "I did have a plan until them bitches disappeared. I mean I haven't seen the bitch Sincere in weeks and I haven't seen Effrin in weeks either. I know they ain't go no where but I just can't seem to find them," he replied.

"Well I know Jason's having another party this weekend and I know Effrin's most likely going to be there," I suggested.

"And what about the bitch? How do we make sure she's there?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, I'll call her up and see what I can do," I replied.

"Call her now."

I sighed and pulled my phone out of my purse, going straight to Sincere's contact and pressing call.

She picked up on the third ring. "Hey," she said, dryly. "Why are you calling me?"

I could sense the attitude in her voice but I didn't let it bother me. "Hey girl! I haven't talked to you in a couple of weeks. What are you doing?"

"Cooking. Why are you calling me again?" she asked.

"Because I wanted to know if you were going to be at Jason's party this weekend."

"Shit, I don't know, probably not. Why?"

"I was gonna be there and I wanted to chill, you know?"

"Um Candace I don't really know if the crew wants you to be at Jason's party," she said.

"The crew? What do you know about the crew? And I don't see anything wrong with what I did," I replied, knowing that she was talking about my pregnancy. I know it was wrong, it was really wrong, but I had to do it in order to complete this plan. I know once the plan is over, if I want Effrin, then I can get him again, no matter how many feelings he's got left over for Sincere. I'll take him if I want him.

"Yeah the crew, you know who the crew is, well at least that's what Effrin calls them. And you know you did Effrin wrong. How could you just go and kill off that baby when you knew he was excited about it?" she asked me.

I smirked. "It sounds like you're jealous and how do you know that's what Effrin calls them if you ain't fucking with him no more? You still fucking with Quan?"

"Nah, if you want him so badly then you can take him. I don't want him. It's none of your business if I'm not fucking with Effrin anymore. Mind your own business and stay away from the crew."

My hands gripped tighter around the phone, feeling my blood start to boil. I know Effrin thinks the only thing going on between the two of us was sex but I caught feelings and I was sprung over that nigga. As long as we were sleeping together, he can't ever say he didn't catch some sort of feelings for me. "You fucking him?" I asked, finally blurting it out.

She hesitated but finally answered. "Nah...I'm not," she replied. "Just stop calling my phone. You know I don't fuck with you, I never have."

I opened my mouth to speak again but the line went dead before I could even say something back to her smart ass. I looked back up at Harlem as a smile spread across my face. "We don't need no other niggas to come in. She still fucking Effrin," I informed him.

He nodded his head. "It figures. The two of them could never stay away from each other long."

I sighed and dared asking the unthinkable, "Let me ask you something Harlem."

"What's up?" he asked.

"All this time we've been working together, you never got around to telling me why you hate the two of them so much. I know Effrin stole your business but the girl? I know she fucked you over, but what did she do exactly?"

He sighed. "Man her and King, well Effrin, was together for like two years but she was sleeping with me at the same time. The bitch got some good pussy but it probably ain't that good right now but back then it was bangin'. Anyways, I was engaged to this bitch that was always on my case, thinking she knew I was cheating but then when we all went on vacation my girl pushed Sincere and she ended up miscarrying her and King's baby and that's really how King and I fell out. Eventually, I got mad about being her sideline so I told King, he beat her ass and then when we came back from vacation he beat mine, took my crew and my entire business."

"Damn," I mumbled, not knowing what else to say.

Shit. If that happened to me I wouldn't be sitting here plotting out a plan, I would have just taken the two of them out years ago as soon as all of that happened. As soon as they got back from vacation, before his crew found out he was sleeping with King's girl he could have used his power to kill him and the bitch off.

"Yeah, so now you see why we can't stop the plan. The plan got to live on but we need some more niggas on our side, like Russel," he replied, smiling.

"Who?"

"The man Quan. He was working with me and at first I thought the nigga was gonna catch feelings for the broad but King ended up spilling it all, that's how he got shot. Russel ended up shooting him but he's out running some errands for me right now, you know him right?"

I nodded my head, yes. "Yeah, how come you never told me any of this before?" I asked him.

"Because the nigga is soft. I didn't think he'd be able to finish the plan to the end with us but I think he'll be the key to getting all of the information on Sincere, like where she's at. You promise you in this shit until you die?" He asked me.

I hesitated but looked down at his hand and shook it. "Promise," I replied.