Chapter 1: What am I missing?!

Sabre's POV

"Mom!" I shouted, rushing down the stairs.

I ran into the kitchen and saw mom cooking, being silent as always, ugh.

"Mom!" I said again. She only lifted her head and then looked down again.

I lifted the little fish I found in my closet. "What's this?!" I shouted loud enough to get her attention.

She whipped her head to the fish and quickly grabbed it. "Nothing," She then said, putting the fish on the counter.

I saw a name from where I was standing, I was able to make out, Shark.

Shark....who is that..?

"Why was that even in my closet?" I asked, sitting at the table.

She placed a plate of bacon and cheese in front of me. "Something," She plainly said, again!

"Ugh! Mom! Why are you so quiet to me? I am your child right?" I finally asked.

I had to get it off my chest, I couldn't take it anymore!

"I said it's nothing Sabre!" She said, raising her voice.

I stood up and responded back, "Then tell me why you're so-" "Just shut up!" She screamed, looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"Mom, I-" "Just! Go...to your room," She sighed, looking at the fish on the counter.

As a wave of guilt washed over me, I ran up to my room, slamming the door with all my might.

"Who's Shark!?" I shouted to myself, throwing myself onto the bed, stuffing my face into my green pillow. I glanced at the bed next to me.

It had blue blankets and pillows. On the blanket was a huge orange and white fish, and I mean HUGE!

I never knew why that was there, it just was, and it comforted me.

"Why is mom so stressful?" I ask the bed, knowing nothing would reply.

I've always felt like something or someone was supposed to be there, so I talked to it.

((I'm already crying!))

"She's just so secretive, but, why?" I asked to the bed again, feeling like someone answered.

She's just protective...right Sabre?

"Who?" I asked, jumping up.

Who said that?

My phone began to vibrate. I picked it up and answered. "Hello?" I asked into the phone.

"Hey Sabre!" Moose shouted, making me pull the phone away from my ear. "Calm down Moose!" I shouted into the phone.

I put him on speaker and plopped onto my bed once again. "We found a place!" I heard Ryan exclaim in the background.

"Really?!"

"Yeah, man!" Moose answered. I heard some papers crunch and move in the back.

"Yeah, it's called Shark's and Chipper's Pizzeria," Ryan answered.

"Hold up, did you say Shark?" I asked, recalling to the little fish.

"Yeah, why man?" Moose asked.

"Nothing, I'll come by, alright?"

"Alrighty cheese man!" Ryan said, using my silly nickname he made up for me.

"See you breh," Moose said in his silly accent. I laughed and hung up, tucking my phone into my pocket.

"Mom! I'm heading to Moose's house!" I exclaimed, running down the stairs.

She was sitting at the table, messing with the little fish. "A-alright Sabre, bye."

I didn't know how else to reply, I just stood there, as if I was missing someone.

She got up and walked into her room, not even noticing I was standing by the door. I quickly grabbed the fish, stuffed it into my pocket and jogged to Moose's house.