Chapter 10: The Truth Told

Sabre walked downstairs, trying to find his mother.

"Mom!" He shouted, walking into the living room. "I'm in here," His mother replied in the kitchen.

Sabre walked into the kitchen, his mother sat at the table, pictures scattered all over the table in front of her.

Sabre picked up a picture and looked at it.

The picture was at the park. The two brothers were still babies, sitting on the baby swings. Their mother was between them, smiling at the camera.

"That was at the park," His mother said, pointing to the picture in Sabre's hands.

"You two always loved the swings," Her smile turned into a frown, as she remembered he wasn't with them.

"Mom, Moose and Ryan need to know," Sabre said, placing the photo down on the table.

His mother nodded, placing down the photo she had in her hand. "I understand, but, I'm not the one who should explain," She said, looking at her son.

"You should, they are your best friends, so was Shark to them."

Sabre nodded, he didn't want to start an argument and she did state a good point. "I'll leave the photos, maybe they'll help."

His mother went upstairs, leaving Sabre by himself.

He grabbed a photo his mother placed down, his eyes widening when he saw it.

It was the four of them. It must have been a few days before they went to the pizzeria, since Shark looked like he was three and the others four and Sabre looked the oldest, five.

Sabre had an arm wrapped around Shark's neck. Shark contained Nemo in his hands, lifting Nemo up above his head. Moose had his little jar of milk out, doing a peace sign with the other. Ryan had both arms crossed, trying to act cool, but really he looked goofy.

Memories began flashing in Sabre's mind.

Watch this guys!

What in the world?

I saved a animal!

Run Moose! Run!

Why?!

Sabre sat in the chair, taking in all of the memories.

The sound of the doorbell ringing interrupted his thoughts.

"It's time," Sabre said to himself, getting up and answering the door.

"What's up man?" Ryan said, walking in first.

"Yeah, you were acting a bit weird on the phone," Moose added, walking in last. Sabre closed the door behind him.

"We need to talk," Sabre said, guiding them to the kitchen.

"What's this?" Moose asked, grabbing one of the photos on the table.

"Us," Sabre answered, walking next to Moose to examine the photo.

"But, who's that running behind us?" Ryan asked, pointing to a little boy chasing the three, who were carrying his Nemo.

"My brother," Sabre answered, chuckling slightly.

Sabre looked at his two friends, their faces in shock. "You have a brother?!" Moose shouted, confused.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Ryan asked, putting a hand on Sabre's shoulder.

"Because," Sabre looked Ryan in the eyes as he finished," None of us remembered him."

"What do you mean?" They both asked.

"Remember, when we were in the hospital?"

They both nodded, but didn't recall much.

"Well, let's just say, a lot happened at the pizzeria we work in," Sabre began, telling them the story...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

....

...

...everything...