Chapter Seven

Another wolf followed the first two. Two were girls and one was a boy. The boy stood in front of her while the two girls circled around her and stood on either side of her.

"Stay away!" Leaf snapped nervously. "Leave me alone!" She backed away but the two females snarled at her and one went behind her, blocking her way. "Who are you?" Demanded Leaf

"I am Emi." One of the girls responded. "Well my real name is Emily, but everyone calls me Emi."

"And I," The other female added, "Am Natalie!"

"I'm Brick." The third wolf replied in a deep voice.

A forth wolf appeared. "I'm Growl. Who are you?"

Leaf hesitated before answering: "I'm Leaf. W-what are you doing here?"

"We're here to hunt! We've heard there's a lot of prey here!" Natalie exclaimed excitedly

"But this territory belongs to Icepack! You're trespassing!" Leaf pointed out.

Emi snorted. "Well so are you!"

"No I-" Before Leaf could finish a great howling erupted from nearby.

She turned to see Blackmoon and Silver standing atop a nearby hill. All four of the enemy wolves eyes widened in fear and surprise. "Oh no!" Brick cried. "Come on! Let's get out of here before they attack us!"

Leaf started to speak, but before she could, Growl head butted her towards a cliff. "Don't worry! You can come with us! That way you won't get captured by them. Just follow my lead! We'll aim for that river, so we won't hit the ground."

Without a word he launched himself down into the river, quickly followed by Emi and Growl. Silver and Blackmoon were getting closer. "Hold on!" Leaf protested. "I'm in-"

Natalie flashed her a wolf grin. "Ready?" Without waiting for a reply, she pushed Leaf down, and jumped down after her. Leaf felt the strange and wonderful sensation of flying for about five seconds. Then she hit the water. She struggled in the water, desperately trying to fight the strong waves that pulled her farther and farther from her pack.