Chapter Nine

"Let me get this straight... you're part of that pack?" Brick asked Leaf when she explained. All four wolves looked completely bewildered.

Leaf nodded. "Yeah, I'm in their pack."

Emi looked annoyed. "Well you could've told us that!" She pointed out in a irritated voice.

Natalie nodded. "Yeah, what if your pack comes after us?"

Leaf licked her new friends ears reassuringly. "Don't worry. If they do come I'll explain to them it was a mistake, and they'll be fine with it. They won't hurt you."

Growl snorted. "How do you know?" He demanded

Leaf turned and glared at him with her bright emerald green gaze. "I think that after living with my pack for my whole life, I'd be able to predict how they will react to news like this. Trust me, they won't hurt you."

Growl growled slightly and turned away. "If you say so." He muttered.

Brick wagged his tail like a dog. "Excellent. So... Are you coming with us?"

Leaf shook her head. "Well... I don't know..."

"Come on!" Natalie whined. "It'll be fun to have someone new in our pack!"

Leaf stared at her quizzically. "This is a pack?"

Natalie hesitated. "Well, we all hunt and fight and travel together." She muttered.

Leaf shrugged. "Well there's more to being in a pack than that." She told them.

Emi grinned a wolf grin. "Well than come with us and teach us along the way!" She suggested.

Brick Growl and Natalie nodded. "Yes!" Brick exclaimed. "Teach us to be a real pack!"

Leaf stared at them. They were teenager wolves like her. They seemed nice enough. "Okay!" She agreed. "So where are we going?"