The Date

(June----------------------------------->)

I put on my diamond necklace and stared at myself in the mirror. June had done an awesome job, since she was so excited for me. Drake and me had been dating for 3 months now. We've been going on cheap dates. five dollar movies, $2 slushies', a $5 dive in movie, an hour drive to the nearest beach just to watch the sunset. Today, on mine and June's birthday, he was taking me to Olive Garden. Drake had told me that he never took me on "expensive dates" (costing over $10) because he was saving up to take me on a real date someday. I didn't think he really meant it. I just assumed that guys would just be cheap like that, but no. He was serious. I was just so lucky to have such a great boyfriend. Which sadly, June didn't.

"You look perfect!" June exclaimed, standing behind me. I had to sit in a spinny chair while she put on my make-up and did my hair into a prom wrap. I knew she wanted to make sure I was perfect for my first real date with Drake. June had curled and pinned my  dirty blonde hair into a bun and spun in little flower pins in my hair. My make-up made me look like Miss America, all sparkly and bright. She even dragged me to J.C. Penny's to buy me the absolute perfect dress. it was an almost tutu-like sparkly white dress that glimmered in the light. She also bought me matching shoes to go with it!

"yeah... I guess I do. Thanks June!" I said to the mirror, looking at June smiling. Her blonde ponytail bounced onto her shoulder and she sat on my bed. She put her hands on her hips and beamed proudly at me, then looked at her watch.

"It's 4:20! He'll be here in ten minutes! Aren't you excited? And you look amazing!" June shrieked.  I was excited, but I felt really bad for her. She has never dated a single guy in her life. not one that would take her on dates and hold her hand while watching the sun set. She made me look like I stepped out of a fairytale on her 18th birthday. She didn't even look any more dazzling than a construction worker. She was wearing jean-leggings and a blue & purple tie-dyed t-shirt. I decided not to tell her any of that because she would give me a long lecture explaining to me that she wanted to do this all for my date and she didn't care if she was single, that I shouldn't be worrying about that on my special day with Drake. So, I kept that in my head and asked her anxious question.

"Yeah, I am! I can't wait!" I exclaimed. She patted an open spot next to her telling me to sit next to her.

"So... what do you think Drake will do once he walks through the door? Maybe you'll have you're first kiss in front of mom and dad!" June said teasingly.

"JUNE!" I yelled playfully. I grabbed a pillow off my bed and hit her with it. She attempted to grab a pillow, but stopped her actions.

"I would hit you back.. if didn't already look so pretty!" June said through her laughter, also adjusting her big, black nerd glasses with her middle finger. I started laughing too.

"Yeah! that's why I hit you! I have the advantage." I tried to stop laughing to catch my breath. June stood up and grabbed my purse off the coat hanger next to my bed.

"C'mon! Let's go show mom and dad what I did to you!" I stood up and walked with June to the door           

*************************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! This is my first book! Hope you read the next chapter!

<3 azure