Finding June

The wilderness was not the most comfortable place to be, with all the unknown screechy, gangly sounds jumping up all over the place and echoing from far and short distances. In the dark was even more errie. June. I know she wasn't scared of the dark at all. She had always kept in mind something our Dad had told us when we were little and afraid of the dark. even I remembered that night, and one sentance he repeated to us every night before bed: It is the same in the light, as it is in the dark,and the only difrerence was you aren't able to see as much. I still was afriad after all those reasuring speeches by Dad. But she would never take off exploring on her own. She knows it isn't safe, and she would rather be protected by people like Tanner and Liam.  I could only hope that Tanner would return from the night's clutches and bring back June, unharmed. She was my only sister, and frankly, my sibbling.

The cold summer night contributed to my anxiety, making me shiver and shake in the middle of the clearing. My lips, chapped, blonde hair, a tangled mess, and I was taken far into the forest with three supernatural creatures telling me that I was something special and they needed to protect me when they took me away from my family and house. What will my parents do when they wake up? Mom might cry. Dad might call the police.

Drake. I missed him. I needed him. We had an amazing day today, and I might never see him again to have my first kiss, and like all teenaged girls, I greatly desired it. Freezing in the middle of no where was not something i have ever wanted to happen to me. Why me? My parents would have told us if we were these Crealords, right? There was no telling for sure what their intentions were. I wish someone would at least explain to me what was going on, and what was going to happen to me and June. Since they brought us here into the forest, and i've seen what Liam and Tanner can really do, I would have no chance of escaping their protection.

Personally, I didn't trust them at all. They were dangerous, and getting me involved in something that wasn't my fight, where they expected me to fight it for them against those Gunix things. Standing next to Liam was like keeping a statue company. He had empty eyes, closely observing the forest in front, where Tanner had gone, and an expression that no one could read, even if they really tried. His blonde hair was wind-combed, and he didn't care for it either. I've never wanted to change into different clothes so badly in my life. I was so cold, I think I was loosing feeling in my feet, and I wasn't exaggerating. 

The coos of the night birds, like owls, and the scrurring of small animals echoing, it was getting creepy. And I don't cope good in the dark. I would much rather have a light on or something, but all we had was the moon's glow, luminating the grass floor below. Then as i thought about being a Crealord and their duty to protection, my curiousity had overwhelmed me.

"Liam," I demended.

That came out the wrong way, but it was cold and i didn't care for a meaningful tone. He did force me to leave my house to be safe, which I don't feel safer than being in a public jail yard, not that i've ever been to jail before.

"What is it, May," he replied, like it was a statement more that a question.

"Why are we here?"

"What?"

"Why are we here in the forest? We could have stayed in my house, away from the Guinx," I offered in opinion, while then i seen the smalllest bit of smoke-like exhale that swirled out infront of me.

It wasn't a normal night.

"No. They would have climbed the house and tore it apart to find you...and your sister. Injuring your parents or destroying memories, surrounding and keeping us from exiting...no. We had to leave," He said, with truth dwelling in his eyes to me.