1

I woke up this morning in a state of confusion, my heart pounding with an anxiety I couldn’t quite place. My name is Maya, and I’m a 22 Year-old librarian from a bustling city, the eldest of five siblings. I love my family dearly—especially my father—but now, I don’t know where they are. I don’t even know where I am.

Everything around me is strange and unsettling. My home, which should be a place of comfort, is bathed in an eerie mix of blue and green hues. It feels like I’ve been transported to another realm. As I call out for my family, only silence answers. Where could they have gone?

Desperation drives me out of bed. I search every room frantically, my heart sinking deeper with each empty room I find. They’re not here. They’ve vanished without a trace. Panic surges through me as I run outside, hoping for some explanation.

The street outside is a grotesque parody of the one I know. Everything is the same yet horribly different—dilapidated and covered in crimson-red dots. The familiar neighborhood is now an eerie wasteland. I cry out for my family, my voice echoing in the unnatural silence. My screams feel swallowed by the oppressive air.

I rush from house to house, each one more desolate than the last. The homes are empty, abandoned, and crumbling. My tears blur my vision as I scream for my siblings, for my father, for anyone. The lively street I remember is now a decaying ghost town.

In a final act of desperation, I return to my own house and descend into the basement. The stairs creak ominously beneath my feet, the darkness pressing in on all sides. I find strange symbols on the floor—symbols that stir something deep within me, but offer no answers. They only deepen the mystery.

I wander the streets, my cries growing more frantic and desperate. My voice is hoarse, my hope fading with every unanswered call. The crushing sense of isolation and despair is overwhelming. I am utterly alone in this strange land, surrounded by an eerie silence that mocks my desperation.

What is this place? Why am I here? And where is my family? This realm feels like a twisted test, a cruel game designed to push me to my breaking point. But I can’t give up. I can’t accept that they’re gone. I will keep searching, keep screaming, and keep fighting, even though it feels hopeless.

As I sit here, exhausted and terrified, I can’t help but wonder if I’m discovering something about myself in this nightmare. But right now, that discovery feels hollow and insignificant. My family is missing, and I am lost in a surreal, crimson-dotted world that feels like a reflection of my worst fears. I have to keep searching. I have to find them. I have to believe that there is a way out of this horrifying place.