12

Tris lay in bed that night, all of the events from the day flooding her mind. Everything Eric had told her about Jeanine wanting to take over all of the factions...Eric. She shook her head trying to get him out.
Not being able to find sleep, she got up and stalked towards the balcony doors. Fresh air would do her good.

She found herself lost in thought of why Four had seen things coming that she couldn't, she wished she could talk to him. How could it just end like that? They'd always been there for each other, understood actions the other was making. But to find out for the past six months he'd given up on her and gone off with Lauren, it blew her mind.

Then she thought about Eric. He had come to the apartment the day Four left, but why? Did he know what was happening? He said he was just reminding her that they were leaving early the next day, but what was he really doing there, he could gave just called.
She smiled a little at the thought of him.

Tris had always told herself that she wouldn't be like those women she'd seen Eric get rid of without a thought after they had outlived their usefulness to him. Now, she saw herself as no better than those other girls who'd fallen for his smooth touch and words. He seemed taken with her now, but how long would it be before he was tired of her and she was pushed away like any of those other leader assistants who'd been foolish enough to fall for him?

She shook that thought off.

No way she'd fallen for Eric. It had just been sex. Hot sex but empty all the same. She believed in love, and true kinship as the key of a relationship. That was why she couldn't think of letting Four go so easily. No matter what, they'd made a real connection over the time they had together. They almost felt like brother and sister thanks to how well they knew each other. Brother and sister that was the problem...they were more friends than lovers.

Yes, she was still upset at the thought of him cheating, but Eric was right, he didn't deserve her...and in all honesty she didn't deserve him. They had grown apart.

Tris was so caught up in her thoughts, she didn't hear the door open and close behind her. Before she knew it, strong arms were snaking around her waist. She breathed in deeply, and smelled him. She sighed and leaned her head back against his bare shoulder.

"Can't sleep," he asked her keeping his voice hushed.

She shook her head slowly. She wanted so badly to fight this feeling, but she couldn't. She kept telling herself that she hated Eric. In reality she knew that wasn't true.

She felt his nose in her hair taking a deep breath in, breathing in her scent. The scent that drove him mad.

Tris knew if she turned to look at him, she would remember. Would see in her mind's eye the way he had made her spread wide for him, so he could craze her with his skilful tongue. And how he had stretched her lips wide with his girth. Sex had never felt like that. Her senses were blown. Looking at him now would lead her right back to the same situation she tried fighting before. But she couldn't fight the sensation anymore.

She turned around.

It was like being taken over by a desire that couldn't be tamed. She looked up into Eric's eyes, she felt like she'd surrendered to a spell. She thanked God the room was only lit by the moon in the sky, because her face was turning bright pink. She could feel the same electric sensation at the apex of her thighs. Her mouth went dry.

"Tell me you don't feel what I do, Tris," Eric said grabbing her hand and placing it over his heart. She could feel it beating through his skin, ready to jump out of his chest.