20

Eric and Tris walked towards the cafeteria together to grab lunch. Wondering eyes watching them as they passed hand in hand. Tris felt glares from the young girls who'd had a crush on Eric since their arrival. Eric felt wide eyed stares from the lookers who had wished they were in his position. They looked at each other and smirked.

Eric had told Tris not to talk about the problem at hand in public, just to be safe. He was convinced that someone among them was a traitor.

Tris spotted Christina, she looked to et go of her hand and started making a tray of food for the two of them.

"Hey Chris," she said when she reached her, she was sitting with Al and Will.

"Hey, where've you been," Christina asked, scoring over a little for Tris to sit down.

"Rough night," she lied. She really wasn't hung over. She didn't want to tell Christina about the cameras yet, she didn't need her making a scene.

Christina laughed. Al looked behind Tris to see Eric walking towards them. Will stiffened like a board when he sat down next to Tris.

Eric looked at him, "I don't bite," he stated, then looked to where he had bitten Tris' neck earlier, before adding, "much."

Everyone chuckled timidly before returning to their food.

"So how's initiation going, Al," Tris asked, trying to start a conversation to ease everyone from their awkward silence.

"Um," he cleared his throat and glanced at Eric, then back to Tris, "it's going good, there's a lot of room for improvement."

"Need to get meaner," Eric spoke up, "they'll improve twice as fast."

Tris laughed at Eric's remark, Al wasn't very mean. He was like a big teddy bear when it came to being mean.

"Maybe Tris and I will come by the gym later today and check it out," Eric added when no one said anything.

"Yeah, that would be great," Will spoke up, "give them a taste of what we went through."

Eric smirked, "was I that scary?"

"With all due respect you still are," Will replied smiling a little, Eric even cracked a small smile.

-

Eric kept his word and he and Tris showed up in the training room later on that day. Tris stayed with Eric the whole time, noticing Four was keeping his eye on her. Lauren too.

"Have they fought yet," Eric asked Will.

"They're no where close to ready, it's only been a few days."

Eric grunted, "too soon my ass." There he was, the old scary Eric. Tris groveled at the memory when he made her fight, how he had scoffed at her, and how she was here with him now. "You! The blonde," a girl turned around from her spot at the punching bags, "in the ring."

She was a tall blonde, but heavier set. Eric looked across the room, everyone's eyes now on him, "you," he pointed to another girl with brown hair, it was cut short like Christina's, "get in the ring."

Both girls now stood in the ring, both looking scared to death, "you will fight until you can't fight anymore, keep in mind that here at Dauntless. There are no quitters," Eric said in his deep booming voice.