18

Tris and Eric stumbled back to his apartment at around two-thirty in the morning. When they stood outside the door he fumbled with the keys trying to get inside, dropping them three times in the process. Between the giggles and mumbled curse words, he finally managed to open the door. Tris followed close behind the drunken Eric holding him steady, not quite as intoxicated as he was.

He made his way to the couch, flopped down, and pulled her onto his lap. He kissed her feverishly, moaning low in his chest. Tris' conscious took over. She kissed back softly, and slowed the kiss and pulled away quickly.

"Eric, not tonight."

He pouted, "but why?"

She giggled a little at the childish tone to his voice, "because you're drunk." She pushed herself off of his lap and started unlacing his boots to take them off.

"But drunk sex is fun sex," he slurred, "why are you trying to take my clothes off?"

"Let's get you into something more comfortable," Tris replied, pulling him off the couch and down the hallway to his room.

He stood in front of her smirking while she unbuckled his belt and pulled it through the loops, discarding it on the floor. Followed by his pants and shirt.

Tris took in the sight of his cut torso, pulling her lip between her teeth. Then looked up at his smirking face, she shook her head, "no sex, Eric," she scolded more to herself because she was the one who really needed to keep her head straight.

"Stay." He slurred. He tucked a stray lock of hair behind her shoulder.

"Eric-"

"No sex, I promise. I just want to hold you." She didn't object to the cuddling. He laid on the bed, waiting for her.

Tris removed her heels first followed by her jacket. Next she peeled her pants off, setting her knife and phone on the nightstand. Eric watched her carefully as she pulled her shirt over her head.

"What," she asked quietly, blushing at his soft gaze.

"You're beautiful," he replied just as softly, "there's a shirt in the second drawer," he pointed to the dresser with a wavering finger. Tris giggled to herself, never had she seen him so 'sloppy'. She grabbed a black shirt and pulled it over her head, unclasping her bra and pulling it out the sleeve of the shirt before tossing it on the pile of clothes.

Tris climbed onto the bed, scooting towards the middle of the massive mattress to meet Eric's waiting arms.

Once she was laying with him, he wrapped his arms around her tightly. "Please don't leave," he whispered into her hair.

She shook her head in response, "I won't, Eric."

She felt him smile into her hair, then heaved a heavy sigh. And he was asleep. As tired as Tris was, she couldn't force herself to sleep now. She watched him, he looked so innocent while he slept. Tris could feel the butterflies flitting in her belly just looking at him. What was he doing to her? Did he feel this way too?

Was she falling in love?

-

*7:30 A.M.*

Tris woke when she heard her phone going off. Who the fuck. Through tired eyes she fumbled for her phone that was laying on the end table.