Chapter V

Nobody Knows

***

At an exclusive mall near the borders of the Hidden Sound village, shoppers of all ages kept glancing at a strange group gathered at a boutique shop. A kid, about four years of age, even popped out from his mommy's skirt and pointed at the men.

"Mommy! Why do they look funny?!"

The woman placed her hand over her child's eyes and led him away, muttering, "Don't look at them, Billy! They're evil!"

Oh, but the Akatsuki are anything but evil at that very moment. *wink*

"Ne, Tachi-nii! What awe we doin' here?!" Sasuke wailed and kept tugging at Itachi's sleeves in an attempt to drag him out of the shop. The older Uchiha, on the other hand, poked Sasuke's forehead five times and carried him on his shoulder.

"WAAAAH! NII-SAN! I DON'T WANNA GO THEWE!!"

"Now, now, little Sasuke. You should really overcome your fear of designer clothes, honestly."

Sasuke Uchiha pouted and blew the strands of hair which blocked his eyes. "Just don't make me dwess up!!!" Yep. He got a trauma from Mikoto Uchiha's little "obsession" with barbie dolls... And having no daughter meant hell for baby Sasuke.

Imagine being a model for fluffy clothes at age three?

Meanwhile, Tobi had been burried deep within the messy pile of orange T-shirts.

"Deidara-senpaaaaai! Tobi can't breathe!! Heeeelp!"

Deidara rolled his eyes and grabbed the childlike man by the ear.

"QUIT BEING SO FREAKIN' CHILDISH, UN!!"

Sakura giggled as she witness the two. Then, she skipped all the way to the other end of the shop, only to find her Zetsu-nii san making a move on someone....err..

"Heeeey there sexy! You've been catchin' my attention---the moment I---WE--walked in to check on some ornaments.... Dinner at 8---so, what'dya say, chick?"

Zetsu grinned from ear to ear.

Sakura furrowed her eyebrows.

"Um.. Nii-san? You do know you're talking to a cactus, right??"

But the plantman completely ignored him. She sweatdropped and waved off. In a distance, she can see Sai talking with a frustrated manager.

"Lady, we're d'ya get all these clothes again?"

"For the love of bags, I told you, we imported them!"

Sai blinked. "What's import? And why awe you red in the face?"

Sakura was about to drag little Sai away from the irritated manager to save them all from cutting off their 20% discount when baby Kakashi suddenly sprung out from nowhere and grabbed her hand.

"Nee-chan! I wanna show you somethin'!"

Sakura's eyebrows furrowed, "what??"

The tiny man ran around in circles throughout the area, then finally, they stop at some jewelry store. The front had an enormous glass that cased the displayed items. Kakashi smiled under his mask and started babbling,

"Sakuwa.. I'm sowy."

What the hell is this baby talking about?

But before she could ask anything more, darkness consumed her. Kakashi's dim face was the last thing she saw before dozing off to unconsciousness. His features a lot older than what she portrays him to be.

What's going on..?

Pein's POV

"Beep! Beeep!! Bwahahahahahahha!! Give way for the freakin' king, fuckers!!! Bwahahahha!"

Annoyed, I instantly tripped the push cart using my foot. Hidan, who was in that stupid thing, went flying several feet above before crashing into a shelf of corned beefs. Good riddance. Tobi, who was pushing the wheeled machine before that reckless Jashinist flew out like a madman, backed away.

"Tobi thinks Kisame-san needs Tobi! Bye!!"

I rolled my eyes and averted my whole attention back to this nasty decision-making at hand..

Fuck this.

"Nutella or peanut butter?"

Soon enough, after pondering it for another hour, I placed both jars in my shopping cart. It'll be a crappy crime to choose either one of these two!

It was then had I noticed Konan staring at me, bewildered.

"I thought you'd spend the rest of your life there, Pein."

I smirked. "Well, that'll mean you'd have to gawk at me for the rest of your life also. Can't wait until the mistletoe pops up above us, eh?" And with that, I winked.....an EVIL wink.

Her face became a dark shade of red. Soon enough, someone spoke behind us,

"Konoha.. It's such a beautiful place to be stealing shinobi's from, isn't it Pein-sama?"

I froze with the familiarity of the voice. But when Konan and I turned to have a look, nobody was there. I only spotted Sasori in the far end of the isle, glaring at a piece of soy sauce.

Who was that?

***