Chapter Y

Adults once again?

***

Naruto's POV

My head hurts. Slowly, I rubbed my eyes and opened them. The first thing I saw was Kakashi-sensei's poker face. What the hell happened? I sat up and noticed we were in some sort of bedroom with small blankets and stuff toys in it. I held the back of my head, trying to remember the events.

Nothing.

"Eh, sensei.. Where are we?"

"Akatsuki's hideout."

My eyes widened at what he said. He couldn't be serious! I got up and wailed my arms frantically. "WHAT?!"

But my oh-so clever sensei waved a hand at me and shrugged. "Your memories will be restored within a few hours. For now, hand me that bathrobe over there, Nawuto."

The heck?

With furrowed eyebrows, I grabbed a scarlet robe and threw it at him. In a matter of time, Kaka-sensei dashed towards a corner where a certain young pinkette was watching us curiously. I squinted my eyes.

"Sakura-chan????"

No way! She looks ten years younger! How is that even possible?

I started walking towards her, but Kakashi stopped me and spoke,

"Don't mind this idiot, Sakura.. Go on, drink that harmless orange juice."

I cocked an eyebrow but when Sakura took a sip from her glass and smoke erupted from her skin, I instantly had a hunch what was going to happen. Kakashi-sensei looked me in the eye with an unreadable expression.

"AAAAH!"

"Sakura!"

We both turned to look at her. The smoke subsidded and there, stood a sixteen-year-old kunoichi with a robe on her form. She had a pained look on her face. I can't blame her. But what shocked me more was the first question she asked,

"Where's Sasuke?"

Kakashi dropped his gaze and instead, walked out of the room, muttering,

"I need to get Sai. Pack your things you two. We'll be leaving in five minutes."

I ran towards the jounin. "But, Kaka-sensei, what exactly----!"

"No questions."

And we slammed the door shut. Panic rose within me. Something's not right. I studied the room and saw kids' clothes on the floor, a few torn Christmas wrappers and some weird toys on the floor. I walked towards a toy frog that looked like it was blown up a few times before.

"What exactly are we going to pack up? Hey, Sakura-chan.."

I turned to look at her but she was clutching a pink teddy bear in her hands. She looks confused and sad.

"Naruto, do you remember anything?"

I shook my head and started putting on some shinobi sandals. "Um.. Nope. Why? Is there anything I should remember?" Sakura Haruno sighed and smiled weakly at me.

"No.. Actually, there are some things that are better off forgotten."

I blinked at what she said. Is she nuts? Err.. Why is she even sad about us leaving this place? I guess I will never know.

---
Sakura's POV

Why am I the only one who remembers everything? And why did Kakashi seem a little guilty when I asked where Sasuke was? I took in a deep breath and finished zipping my top on. Naruto came bolting into the room.

"We need to go while it's still dark out."

I nodded and grabbed the pink teddy bear I found laying on the floor earlier. My teddy bear named Summer. With a heavy heart, I quietly walked out of my old bedroom and into the cold and deserted hallway.

Naruto walked ahead of me. I bit my lip and started passing by the other members' bedroom doors. When I reached the rightside door on the far end, my feet halted. For a few minutes, I contemplated on things.

Should I?

I glanced at my teddy bear. The next thing I knew, I was walking inside the room of a certain puppet master. There, I saw him sleeping in his work station. His head rested on the table. His red locks brushing the sides of his face.

I stared at him for a few second before leaning in and unconsciously kissing him on his cheek.

"Thanks, Saso-nii.."

After that, I exited his room and ran pass the living room. Sai, Naruto and Kakashi were already waiting for me by the entrance. Taking one last glance at the hideout, I took a step outside and vanished into the twilight.

Leaving before the sun rose on a Christmas memory.

***